• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id love to see the following 

Airfix 1:72 stuka starter kit

1:72 Stuka G2 canoevogel 

(maybe a 1:24 stuka) 

a retooled 1:24 spitfire 

1:72 Dh mosquito ( come on Airfix you do a lanc that’s big we also need a mossie)  a 1:48 mossie and most of all

a f35 lightning in 1:73 starter set amd 1:48 I also would like some more figures like more raf pilots also id live to see a 1:48 Skytrsin in DDay also how about like what you did for RAF 100!do a d day starter kit including a 1:72 hawker typhoon, 1:72 mosquito and a skytrain with all glue  rushes and paints that’s all than ks

I'm going to be really pragmatic. My favourite Airfix kit is the 1/72 hurricane XII which comes in the club kit operation torch double with a swordfish. That gives the option of a sea hurricane or land version with 8x or 12x .303 OR a 4x 20mm wing (2 different wings in one kit). Also TWO tropical filters because that's on each wing sprue. With that kit and your parts box you can do so many later war hurricanes it's not true.... That kit should be reissued on general release.

also do the same with the 1/72 Spit Va kit and include a type C wing and a tropical filter. Rather than being a cynical reboxing of the Spit IIa kit this would let you do Malta spits, Soviet spits, New Guinea RAAF spits... All for 5-7 extra parts that Airfix were making previously. If they're really generous toss in 2x 250lb bombs.

I've just finished "another manufacturer" hellcat. A mini version of the new 1 /24 would make sense and complement the zero and wildcat too. All of these would be relatively cheap.

If a larger more complex kit is on the horizon id love a B24 of a type that could be adapted to coastal command or USAAF of the same standard as the new tool B17 or Lancaster. 

A B25 G (with possible gun ship variant) would be nice too. The current D kit hints at the possibility Airfix have thought about side gunners but it'll need a new fuselage sprue to pull off.