What do you want as kits in 2019?

Ratch

1:48 westland Scout / Wasp helicopter, ( two kits out of one / simular moulds ), 1:48 Gazelle helicopter, Well used aircraft and not really covered by any manufacture, Fujimi made kits but they were under scale and not detailed.

You guys could make such a good job of these and i'm sure they would sell.

Also new tool Buccaneer, come on guys, if you want Airfix to become rich quick. Make this as a new tool !!!!!! Would sell in the masses :0)

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newbie here, still waiting on my first ever kit to arrive, but regardless, I would still be very interested to see the following aircraft:

1. North American F-107 Ultra Sabre

2. BAC 221

3. Rockwell XFV-12

4. YF-102 Delta Dagger Prototype, (Not the production variant)

5. IA 58A Pucara

6. Yak-38 Forger

7. Ryan FR Fireball

The list above look very like the 2018 wish lists but I would second and third the call for a new 1/72 Ju 88, but please try the C series or the BMW engined night fighters, as the A series seem to be a dime-a-dozen with every Tom-Dick-&-Harry and their cousins doing it almost to the exclusion of other marks.

Basically any 1938 to 45 german aircraft would sell, after all how many Bf 109E does

Remember we do this for fun                          John the Pom

1:48 westland Scout / Wasp helicopter, ( two kits out of one / simular moulds ),

I definitely think there would be a demand for the scout/wasp. Airfix has produced a scout with numerous re-boxings (about five) over the years, however I think only one manufacturer has ever produced the wasp, which was Fujimi. Also, this moulding is more of a 1/50 scale than 1/48, and is out of production. There are several conversion kits floating around though, to convert the scout to a wasp.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to see a DeHavilland Venom FB4 or FB5 in either 1/72 or 1/48 scale, as there has not been a kit readily available since the old frog series of 1950s jet fighters, there would be much scope in markings....... Venuzuela , Chilli, Iraq, Switzerland  RAF Suez campaigne and of course the other squadrons such as 28 serving in Hong Kong. Would not like to go as far as to say it would be a money spinner, but you never know.

• 2 months later...

BSA C15

James Bond Aston Martin  DB5

SR N1 Hovercraft

Black Prince and any others of that series of historical figures

All ones I made as a kid and stupidly broke or lost over the years.  Any one of the above and I would be so so happy.

All in 1/72 scale of course.

World War 2 (ish):

• Henschel Hs132
  • Heinkel He177
  • Junkers Ju388
  • Gotha Go242
  • Messerschmitt Me163
  • Heinkel He280
  • Arado Ar234
  • Bachem Ba349
  • Messerschmitt Me321
  • Dornier Do335
  • Focke Wulf Ta154
  • Heinkel He100/112
  • Hawker Tempest (radial)
  • Avro Manchester
  • Westland Whirlwind
  • Northrop P-61 Black Widow
  • Boeing B-29 Superfortress
  • Convair B-36 Peacemaker
  • Northrop YB-35 Flying Wing
  • Yokosuka MXY-7 Ohka
  • Mitsubishi G4M Betty

Post-World War 2:

• Sukhoi Su-35
  • Sukhoi T-4/Su100
  • Bartini-Beriev VVA-14
  • Tupolev Tu-95
  • Tupolev Tu-160
  • TSR-2
  • North American XB-70 Valkyrie
  • Rockwell B1 Lancer
  • Convair B-58 Hustler

Even a few of these would be incredible.

How about the YB-70 instead? There is an XB-70 kit, and there are significant differences in appearance between the 2 airframes.

Either would be great tbh.

I've seen the Italeri kit around a few times, sometimes extortionately priced, sometimes not, but have never really been tempted by it. An Airfix offering would be wonderful, but I don't think it's quite in keeping with their current range.

How about the YB-70 instead? There is an XB-70 kit, and there are significant differences in appearance between the 2 airframes.

Either would be great tbh.

I've seen the Italeri kit around a few times, sometimes extortionately priced, sometimes not, but have never really been tempted by it. An Airfix offering would be wonderful, but I don't think it's quite in keeping with their current range.

Well, when I bought my XB-70 it was priced lower than the present price of the Airfix Victor(s), and it's bigger (display area used) than a Victor or Vulcan (I have an unbuilt Valiant).

• 1 month later...

I would like a lot of the kits being released in 1/72 to come out in 1/48. EG, New tooling Buccaneer, Mitchell, etc. Completely new Hampden, Whitley, Beaufort, etc etc the list could go on and on. And going up to four-engined, , Shackletons, (Revell has beaten you to a new MR3 in 1/72), Halifax, Stirling, and one I'm sure would sell really well, the PB4Y-2 Privateer. You are blowing the trumpet a lot for the 1/24 Hellcat, how about doing the same in 1/48 scale?

Mark the Modeller

I am a new member and I would like to see a 1:32 or 1:24 scale Westland Lysander.  My partner got me a matchbox 1:72 Lysander from eBay but the person never said they had part built & broken a part or two.  After I carried out repairs and completed the kit, I  wanted a 1:32 scale version but they hard to come by now.  I think there is a market for the Lysander and a 1:32 or 1:24 would be top of the bill.