The Collector Badge

JJ73

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps. The relaunch of the club I do believe was late, so this could be why the badge and the 0-4-0 loco's this year are late. Perhaps everything, well all of the extra's, like the locomotives, badges, etc will arrive when somebody signs up to the club / renews their memership.

GNR-Gordon-4

Wear them!; Or if you are me, I would not wear them, but instead I would build up a little collection of them and then sell them on eBay, eventually!  😆

I would keep them sealed in their packets, so effectively, they would be brand new, but a few years old.

GNR-Gordon-4

• 2 weeks later...

When Hornby brought the Collector Club in house, the Welcome Letter, the Membership Card (which was basically attached to your welcome letter as a plastic coated popout card), the Collector Magazine, and the Badge all came wrapped in an outer A4+ sized card folder. The usual 0-4-0 Locomotive was then received around September or the following months, depending on your renewal date to the club. This was the norm for a few years, before the newest revamp of the club by Hornby. So like the rest of you, I have received my Welcome Letter, Memebership Plastic Card  followed by the first next numbered Collector Club Magaine. I assume the Badge will follow at some stage between now and the Club Loco Model release. The club Badges I have kept stored away until I find a nice sized opening box frame to pin the Badges into as a keepsake, and have them hanging together on the wall in my layout room.In fact only last week after it sold out quite quickly as a pre-order on the Hornby Club website page a few years ago. I was pleased after lots of outbidding I got the last club loco of the Limited Edition 0-6-0 Terrier "Sutton" K&ESR R3248. I evenually bought one via eBay at a verily good price (£70 MIB) than the £100+ mark up prices. The same way the current H Class 0-4-4 SECR loco for this year is being sold on the Hornby Club page.I have still got all my CC & Plus magazines, Badges, Club Locos. Plus the Yearly Annual Wagons, Annual Roadshow Wagons (sadly now stopped and I miss collecting them), Annual Christmas Wagons (except 2006), Fathers Day, Hamleys and other annual special Hornby wagons like the 50th and Vistors Centre Wagons. One thing I do miss not having is a full proper A4 sized Hornby Catalogue than the little booklet release. I have found the catalogues handy as reference guides for Hornby stock. To look up the items that I have bought later after there release, especially those unboxed for the year they were released and R numbers etc for my own MS Word stock database. Sorry I went off topic there, but besides the annual Badge what has missed being made for a few years, I think it is also important for other annual collectables to get a little mention as they have stopped being produced by Hornby. So please Hornby bring back the annaul Roadshow wagons and back date them from the last year it missed being released, and I would still like the missing full catalogue too.

Just out of interest - what will members do with their badges

Well with me - my 2013 & 2014 Badges just sit on the top of my Grand Suspension Bridge, but nut sure where I'll put my 2018 Badge - may be I'll fix it some where it will be on show!!!

Perhaps Mr Kohler could shake up the distribution of member ship packs, the speed of delivery and the contents. The old membership was not quite fit for purpose, the new one seems to fall short on delivery expectation. That said, the content is good, a new "master" at the helm too. Some shortfall on the "package too", have the benefits been reduced... look closer. 

Don’t forget the new club was launched a little late, which does mean most of the additional bits and pieces will be delivered late to the members.

I should think that the badge and the locomotive will arrive at the start of the year, from 2019‘s membership year onwards.

GNR-Gordon-4

@landcrab

I have removed your posts where you had just pressed the blue square but not added any of your own text.

Please reply to posts by scrolling down the page and typing in the white window (as you did with your last post).

• 1 month later...

New badge arrived this morning, at last, with latest issue of The Collector.......... 😀.........HB

My badge arrived today with the magazine too will try to read it later. I assume the loco going to come separately?

@81F.........The Club locos will now not be available until January 2019........HB

Well said HB - I wonder when the first post will appear asking when the Club loco's will arrive?.

It's a nice badge and The Collector magazine is worthy of one you'd go and buy.   BB

Badge arrived....Check!

With Magazine....Check!

Both the 'Club Exclusive' H Class and the Club 218 GWR 101 Loco 'will now be arriving in January 2019. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.'

A very prototypical 'late running' announcement.

Our local station announcer couldn't have done it better! 😉

Archived