How to stay logged in

pidder

Most of the time, my Hornby forum login stays valid ALL day from 9am to 11pm or longer. Yes, occasionally it logs out sporadically, but just recently I have found continued log in very stable, even if I close the browser. What I don't do however is have my PC (I don't use a laptop) configured for auto power down or auto sleep when no activity is detected. I just have a screen saver configured to engage after 30 minutes.

No..... there is no specific forum site setting. The most likely reason that you have found a lot of forum dialogue in this section of the forum regarding 'staying logged in' is because the forum has in the past gone through periods where staying logged in for anything more than 20 minutes or so was a serious issue. It was down to forum software and hosting server issues. These seem to have been largely resolved now as the forum logging in duration for most members seems to be stable.

it is also possible due to your browser settings, i use firefox and have my preferences set to delete cookies when i close my browser, this means that sites i log into are automatically logged out of, wether i log out or not, just my preference from a securtity aspect,

I'm using windows 7 and Firefox with a desk-top tin box, and unless I deliberately log out, I'm in for as long as I can bear looking!

A few times, when I've been channel-hopping, looking for something, I've accidentally closed the Hornby 'window' without logging out, and several hours later, came to log in agan, and found I still was from previously.

How long it will hold 'in' I don't know, I've never tried that. - several hours, though.

I'm using Windows 10 on an HP laptop. Can see no reason why this should be a problem. Haven't cleared cookies or anything. Tried leaving the Hornby page open, then opening a fresh page for other sites, still no different when I open up after a "sleep" period.

Archived