1903 Electric Autocar renovated.

Howbi

@jacob 1857

You are still missing the point - it's not a coach, it's a single car unit with its own motor, much the same as a DMU/EMU. I agree that £200 is a lot of money but most of the Hatton/Rails/Kernow productions are models unlikely to be made by the mainstream manufacturers. Thet are expensive because not so many people are going to buy them. The cost of tooling the body is the same whether you sell 1 or 100.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£200 for a  highly detailed  (DMU ) type thing not so bad look at Hornbys Princess Coronation in the same ballpark.

not to mantion it probably won't have a rerun for 5years~ until the tooling rights revert to Heljans control. Just like a certain Garratt      2-6-0+0-6-2 has recently done.

OK, so it’s a DMU, but it still costs more than the average well-detailed locomotive costs.

GNR-Gordon-4

It's a "Railcar" or a "Railmotor"....

The cost is very basic economics. If product A applies to the masses, it can be mass produced at a cheaper cost. Of product B applies to a niche market it can still be made in masses but not as great as product A and therefore has a higher selling price.

Hi all

Finally a right up to the minute modern image rail-car I actually like 😆

Would be nice if the holiday home version was made as a plastic kit as well.

That rail-car should be an absolute must have for the space starved branch line modeller

Must check finances and see whats available 😆

regards John

@JeremiahBunyan

You are right. Rails of Sheffield are admittting that each railcar is being produced in small quantities, so this probably has affected the price, as why it’s so high. If they were to put a generous normal amount out, wfat ever that number, is I would like to think they it would be cheaper than this.

GNR-Gordon-4

I don’t model to an era, as mainly focus on the Thomas ranges, so I just try to buy as many Thomas products as possible. I do buy some real life models, but not as much as I do with Thomas. Of course, I buy all Eddie Stobart locomotives and rolling stock too. Obviously these only go on the layout when here’s nothing Thomas on the layout.

GNR-Gordon-4

I want to pre order one but can't decide on which one ,,,which would be the most desirable?    Your opinion matters to me ,,,but take into account,,,it's not my era ,but that doesn't matter ,it will not be run either,it will be to collect only ,,look forward to your suggestions,,mjb

I want to pre order one but can't decide on which one ,,,which would be the most desirable?    Your opinion matters to me ,,,but take into account,,,it's not my era ,but that doesn't matter ,it will not be run either,it will be to collect only ,,look forward to your suggestions,,mjb

If it doesn't matter as it will be a collector's item? Then the livery shouldn't worry you at all.

As of now it scheduled to arrive in Jan-Mar 2020.

Archived