Christmas Card.

Who65

We get a Seasons Greetings card from the Notary in our village every year. 

By the time we get back in the New Year it is usually a soggy mass in the bottom of our unsealable outside postbox..

We have tried to say please don’t send us one, give the money to charity but every year it is still there looking all sad.

Rob

I don't give christmas cards, what i do is cut an a4 sheet of paper in to 3, then fold each piece in half, and write Merry Christmas on the front, sometimes if i'm feeling creative i will use different coloured pens, and i have used glitter pens in the past for a bit of extra sparkle, and if i post them, i tape the open edge together, then write the address on the back and add a stamp, no need for an envelope that way,

The signatures inside of the card that comes every year are the same singantures in the same place, plus they are not hand signed. As they are signatures, well let's be honest, signatures are more or less their own language. Most are illegible and I couldn't tell the names it supposed to say and even if I could tell what it said, I wouldn't know who those people are!  😆

I never mentioned SWMBO, nor did i say that i had to discuss, what i buy. I dont buy the xmas cards, but i do pay the postage. What i dont do, is take on battles i know to be unfair.  Moving here, has left Heather a tad isolated, and her cards both from and to, are her way, of keeping in touch, with old colleagues and friends, she no longer sees. Twould be very mean to interfere with that, in my view.

Our cards (the first batch) went out on Monday, second lot today. It's nice to receive cards. It's when you decide to leave someone off the list - and then their card arrives - panic posting! I have a Jacqui Lawson account, so a few "overseas" friends get one of those. There actually good value for money, as you can send cards for all number of occasions throughout the year.  

Archived