2024 Wish List

Ratch

Ok, I'll play too wink

In 1/72

• HP Hampden (Gotta happen eventually, right? smiley)
  • B24-Liberator (Market gap exists innocent)
  • Supermarine Walrus (Because in 1/48 it's too big for many of us tired_face)
  • Arado Ar196 (to go with the Walrus money_mouth_face)
  • Lysander

Question is: Will Airfix provide a stablemate for the new tool 1/24 Spitfire and produce a new tool Hurricane or Bf109?

And... will there be a floaty thing in 1/350? QE carrier or Type 26/Hunter class?

Only time will tell wink

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A re-tooled Hawker Hunter FGA.9 in 1/72

H.M.S. Queen Elizabeth/Prince of Wales in 1/600

Avro Anson 1/72

Aston Martin DB5 1/24 

Lockheed P38-J Droop Snoot 1/72

Tractor, Wheeled, Aircraft, Heavy, Sentinel 4x4 (V-bomber tractor) 1/72

Gloster Grebe III 1/72

H.M.S. Victorious WW2 aircraft carrier 1/600

HMS Achilles 1/600

HMS Exeter 1/600

At risk of repeating the 'wish list' that I've posted a few times before for previous years,
  • 1/72 Fairey Battle - a new mould without the previous problems, inaccuracies and raised panel lines
  • 1/72 Handley Page Hampden - a new mould without the previous problems, especially in terms of the transparencies
  • and in the light of my recent WW1 project, a 1/72 Sopwith Triplane!
face_with_head_bandage

It appears that a Battle is forthcoming from another source. Looks to be a nice one. I replaced my wish for a Battle with one for the Albacore. I’ll take several in operation Pedestal and Torch lettering.

A good Albacore is not available unless you are willing to pay collector prices for a difficult kit.

I think the Hampden would be a natural for Airfix to do.

The Airfix collection of RAF bombers is second to none , I have several Lancaster, Wellingtons, Whitley’s, Beaufort, Blenheim, etc. I almost expect Airfix to complete the collection with the Hampden and the Halifax and Maybe a new Sterling , although a nice one is available now MkI- MkIV.

Randall

• 1 month later...

I would like to see:

Post WW2 RN aircraft such as; late marks of the Whirlwind helicopter (be brave and do 1/72 & 1/48 scales), Scimitar (again in 1/72 & 1/48 scales), Westland Wasp (1/72 & 1/48 scales), Gannet AEW 3 in 1/48 (either a new kit or a conversion for their forthcoming AS variant),

A 1/24 Griffon engined Spitfire (MkXIV?)

Re-issues of; HMS Shannon and more of their old 1/32 cars.

Wallet exhausted!

• 3 weeks later...
Randall, do they have to guess which new parts for the Gladiator?

The add on dingy container and a new rear fuselage bottom with the notch for the tailhook as well as the tailhook itself.

As far as I can tell, the Swordfish would need the larger oil cooler and the porcupine exhaust. Later MkII appeared to carry a couple of different radar apparatus.

Randall

So nearly August now and thinking ahead...

They just surprised us with the new big Sea King, which should be a popular one. I'm tempted, but I'll wait for an RAF Rescue version I think.

Just had my kit of the year, the Austin Truck, but I digress.

The wish list;

Fairey Swordfish in 1/32 or 1/48

Blackburn Skua as above

Fairey Fulmar again in the bigger scales.

Basically, an Ark Royal set please.

I think the Swordfish II had metal covered lower wings as well, so they would need replacing. Might as well do extra parts for the RAF Mk III as well, with the radar housing in place of the torpedo, and faired over middle cockpit.

Yes, after you posted I found that the MkII had metal lowers and rocket rails.

Randall

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All in 1/72 - some do already exist, albeit the toolings are dated, inaccurate or toyish and not for a serious modeller.

1. Consolidated B-24H Liberator with Ford nose. There is no B-24 kit in any scale with the Ford nose available. Moreover, the old Airfix kit is a dated toy - not for a serious modeller.
  2. Vought F4U Corsair with folding wings. The old Airfix kit is dated, and the only wing fold option, Heller, is nasty to work with.
  3. Junkers Ju 88. The only still missing major Battle of Britain participant on either side of the conflict. Can we also have conversion parts for A-4 and a nightfighter?
  4. Lockheed P-38F Lightning. The Airfix P-38J is horribly dated and inaccurate, and the P-38F kit has some serious issues. Moreover, there are no quality kits of the early P-38 models available.
  5. Bell P-39 Airacobra. The old Airfix kit is dated, and the Academy kit is horribly inaccurate.
  6. Republic P-47D Thunderbolt. Preferably with both Razorback and Bubbletop options - just like the old Jo-Han kit!
  7. Grob G-115 Tutor. The trainer of the 2000s.
  8. Pilatus PC-6 Turbo Porter. Another unsung workhorse - both in the military and civilian sectors. There are many outré paint schemes for skydiving jump planes!
  9. Brewster F2A - with nose options for both Finnish Air Force (F2A-1) and Royal Air Force (F2A-2)
  10. Douglas SBD Dauntless. The old Airfix kit is sadly dated. With perforated flaps, please!

Bubbling under:

1. Conversion parts for Lancaster Grand Slam and/or Avro Manchester. Both could be used with the existing Lancaster kits.
  2. Fairey Battle. The old Airfix kit has serious issues, and since there is 1/48 Battle, why not 1/72 as well?
  3. Douglas A-20 Havoc/Boston. The old Airfix kit is from the 1960s, not for a serious modeller, and the MPM and Highplanes kits are no more in production.
  4. Handley Page Hampden. Since Whitley and Wellington have been made, why not the third medium - Hampden - as well? The old Airfix kit is from the 1960s, and dated.