2024 Wish List

Ratch

How about the Antoine De St Exupery range!

He wrote the greatest ever books about flight and you can, if you try really, hard, gather enough of the aircraft he flew and crashed through Wind, Sand & Stars. Trained on a Sopwith Tripehound. Experimented and crashed in a Latécoère 25 seaplane. Flew for La Ligne the Breguet XIV. Crashed his Caudron C.630 Simoun F-ANRY into the pristine desert sands. Began WW2 flying the Potez 637 and the Bloch 174 reconnaissance aircraft. Ended his life in the souped up Lockheed F-5B-1-LO.

Some of these Heller made years ago, one is in resin but what a poetic undertaking to bring them all together for aviation's greatest writer.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something a little bit different to what most ask for…..

1/48 BN.II Trislander

1/48 Piper Aztec

1/48 Emb 110 Bandirante

1/24 Piper Cub

1/48 Bae 146

1/48 Dash 7

1/48 Dash 8-400QT

1/24 Piper Tomahawk

1/24 Piper Arrow Turbo

1/72 or 1/48 Concorde

as stated, most wouldn’t ask for models like these, apart from one or two, but a fair few of these I would like so I can do my own private regs of A/c I’ve flown in myself

RAF Buccaneer S.2 with Sea Eagle missiles

RAF Jaguar GR.1

RAF Tornado GR.1 with JP233, Paveway, TIALD, Pave Spike, WE177, Sea Eagle

RAF Tornado F.3

Royal Navy Buccaneer S.1

B-24 Liberator, any mark, either USAAF or RAF (why not both, like the B-17 releases)(Hasegawa’s is expensive and hard to find)

All 1:72

Thank you please

HMS Exeter in Pacific configuration in 1/600 scale to commemorate the tragic sinking and the disgrace of the wreck salvage.

HMS glorious aircraft carrier with gladiators and hurricanes in 1/600 configuration when sunk off norway , would fill in a gap of British carriers being one of the first, no doubt one of the 2 current ones is A likely option as well

A class destroyer 1/600 with options of HMS Acasta or HMS Ardent to complement Glorious above and historically fit against Scharnhorst / Gneisenau relaunch

1/72 Whitley mk5 in colours of Special Duties 138 squadron with drop canister load, as used to help French resistance, this would compliment Lysander model and commemorate brave pilots of the "moon squadrons"

One can always hope

It all depends on what you want out of model making. If things continue as they are going manufacturers will soon be putting completed builds into the boxes....The whole fun of building a model is building something that is "personal." I still get a kick out of building the vintage classics where you have to scratchbuild all the details......... but that's me!

It all depends on what you want out of model making. If things continue as they are going manufacturers will soon be putting completed builds into the boxes....The whole fun of building a model is building something that is "personal." I still get a kick out of building the vintage classics where you have to scratchbuild all the details......... but that's me!

Talking about manufacturers making things easier these days, I always think about some of the early kits from sixty years ago. An old favourite of mine from my younger days was the Frog F86 Sabre. It had a grand total of 14 plastic kit parts, plus a lead weight for the nose and a two part stand, I still have an original in my stash. I think there were several kits like that back in the day. Needless to say you didn't have to be an IPMS champion to put them together.

Be great to see Airfix producing bigger scale kits of those they've already released in smaller scales. To compete with other companies that haven't released similar. Airfix are outstanding at present. And some re-releases but with new tooling and decals options would be fantastic.

1:72

Blackburn Beverly

A.W Argosy

Avro York

Avro Manchester

1/35th

Bedford RL

Bedford 4 Tonner

1 Ton Landrover

1/48th

Puma HC2

Gazelle

Westland Wasp/Scout

Fairey Battle

Fairey Seafox

Supermarine S6

Westland Whirlwind (Helo)

Bristol Bulldog

1:24th

Spitfire MKXIV/XIX

Hawker Tempest

Fairey Swordfish

Bolton Paul Defiant

Hawk T.1

Harrier GR.7/9

Retools

1:72 Jetstream (With RAF/RN Decals & revised engines)

1:72 Dehavilland Dove/Heron (With RAF/RN decals)

1:48 Hawker Fury (Biplane)