2024 releases

twinpin

As a predominately Sailing ship modeller I haven't bought an Airfix kit in decades since I had built most of them. However I always checked Airfix's New range every year in hop. That said the 2 Lifeboat kits are cracking and I have pre ordered the 2 of them, my mind started working overtime about a diorama and I ended up buying the 1/72 Westland Sea king Gift set that was down in price, to add to a possible Sea Rescue Diorama.

Very disappointed in the 2024 releases

Hi Twinpins

Just wondering what you had hoped for in the 2024 releases or better still re-post the items you posted on the “Wishlist” part of the forum during 2023 for AIRFIX to reconsider.

Simply stating that you are disappointed doesn’t communicate much to the AIRFIX marketing folks.

For my part, I am glad that the vintage Hampden is back and the Liberator and Chinook should make lots of folks happy. I will be “wishing for” a new mold Hampden again in the “wishlist” during 2024 for certain.

Cheers,

Tim

Agreed with the Liberator and Chinook. Those two and the Bulldog look to be maintaining the latest high quality from Airfix.

My disappointment is the Hampden as a Vintage Classic release. I wish I had a £1 for everyone that would like to see a new tool version. I am concerned that this release will stop any chance of a new tool. I can’t recall any kit that had a vintage release and then a new tool. Can you?

My disappointment is the Hampden as a Vintage Classic release. I wish I had a £1 for everyone that would like to see a new tool version. I am concerned that this release will stop any chance of a new tool. I can’t recall any kit that had a vintage release and then a new tool. Can you?

It all depends. If they sell lots of Hampdens but the tooling is no longer viable for further production runs then a new tool could be on the cards. Bear in mind it would probably be 2-3 years in development. Not released as a Vintage Classic, the old Heinkel IIIH-20 kit was released in 2011, then the new tool He IIIP arrived in 2015. The old 1/76 Sherman and Tiger I kits were available close to the release of the new 1/72 kits, although you might argue it's a spurious comparison in relation to the different scales.