R7326 HM7040: Bluetooth® Legacy Dongle In Stock

Dodge1965

Will have to raid my piggy bank and see if I can justify buying it so that I can use the TT 08 with the other locomotives without swapping control methods. 

The club adapter is in stock too. Presume that’s new as it only works with the dongle. 

27 minutes ago, Moccasin said:

Will have to raid my piggy bank and see if I can justify buying it so that I can use the TT 08 with the other locomotives without swapping control methods. 

The club adapter is in stock too. Presume that’s new as it only works with the dongle. 

The splitter is the same as used by Select Walkabouts daisy chained together. It is in fact a standard RJ splitter and can be sourced from most electronics suppliers. The Hornby one is new tooling hence the different SKU to before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bulleidboy said:

Don't forget that if you have an "oldish" Hornby Elite you can plug two Dongles into the back (two ports).

Did the newer ones only have 1 port or have I read too much into your oldish comment?

28 minutes ago, gilbo2 said:

Did the newer ones only have 1 port or have I read too much into your oldish comment?

A fairly recent production re-run required a redesign of the motherboard due to unavailability of the sprung terminals. New terminals are larger and ousted one of the RJ sockets.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 96RAF said:

A fairly recent production re-run required a redesign of the motherboard due to unavailability of the sprung terminals. New terminals are larger and ousted one of the RJ sockets.

That explains it, every day is a school day :classic_smile:

21 minutes ago, Pendragon Sailing said:

Perhaps a stupid question, but here goes anyway……

Can the legacy dongle be used with a non-hornby DCC Controller (e.g Digitrax)?

If the controller supports Xpressnet and has an RJ12 connection yes it probably can else it may need an adaptor. Some Xpressnet capable controllers have a DIN connector.

2 hours ago, Brew Man said:

I was wondering that too. Has anyone with a dongle on pre-order received dispatch notification yet? At this rate they'll be sold out before they turn their attention to us

Yep i have a pre order for one.. Who knows with Hornby. Previous items have been quite good and emails before the item going to "in stock". 

As why i would think it was questioned online, with the website being right. Someone will post soon enough, saying they have one..

Edited by Dodge1707823134

3 hours ago, Pendragon Sailing said:

It’ll be interesting to see whether the dongle will be compatible with other manufacturer’s command stations, as I use a Digitrax DCS210+. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.  I hope so, though.

Does the command station support Xpressnet protocol and have an RJ socket. If not then the answer is no.

On 2/18/2024 at 4:19 PM, SteveM6 said:

It would helpful going forward if users trying the dongle with non Hornby controllers to advise us which ones it works with.

Adding to this although I’m no expert in this, I’m sure I have read that while ExPress Net itself and connector is a standard, the software is not governed by NMRA/NEM (or not strictly) so manufacturers have their own versions of how the system interacts with the network, so while it’s fair to expect full compatibility with Select/Elite there maybe clashes with other systems which are not down to Hornby. 

Edited by Rallymatt
Creative writing

57 minutes ago, Dodge1707823134 said:

..... they will be working on the pre orders over the next couple of days...

Good information thanks. Sounds like actual delivery will be next week then, will have to wait and see :classic_smile:

• Like 1