Revamp

Ratch

This site will be undergoing a few changes. On Tuesday 13 Feb this site will be migrated by Invision to a new host. We are assured that no content currently on this site will be lost and that the new host format will be live on Wednesday 14 February 2024.

So, for a period, the site will not be accessible. When it re-appears it will look very similar to how it looks now, but there will be a few different and enhanced functions for you to try out. Please be patient. Patrick and I have been experimenting with a dummy forum (trying to break it), and it has some exciting features. You can continue posting here, in the meantime, and resume posting once the migration has taken place.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

I wonder if that means that all the 'lost' images will be rediscovered lurking somewhere in the ether...

I'm afraid not. The question has been asked. All images that we see now will remain and the stuff that was lost cannot be recovered.

There are some attractive features they hope you all enjoy.

I wonder if that means that all the 'lost' images will be rediscovered lurking somewhere in the ether...

I'm afraid not. The question has been asked. All images that we see now will remain and the stuff that was lost cannot be recovered.
There are some attractive features they hope you all enjoy.

Its a pity about all the lost images. Looks like Airfix have had an experience similar to that of Basil Fawlty with O'Reilly the builder; the lowest quote doesn't guarantee a decent job.grinning

• Ratch unpinned this topic

@Marto   I've managed to edit posts no problem.   Just use the ellipsis menu on the right as we did in the old forum (there, I've just edited this post 🙂

Not tried deleting one yet.    [edit]  I don't see an option to delete a post.

Edited by ntpntpntp
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Marto said:

Not so keen, can see Scaletrix and Hornby comments which I have Zero interest in.  I liked things being sorted by category too.

Similar for me, I really only want to see the Hornby forums, and it feels like there's a "layer" missing - no easy way to see the main topic areas.  Yes you can fiddle around with the "tick list" on the right to change the filtering, but I don't think that's as good a method.    "Unread Content"  seems to show everything across the whole community.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 96RAF said:

Oddly moderators see a delete option. This has been flagged up the chain along with the mal-content about site navigation across multiple brands, so no point keeping on about it.

I don't see the delete option!

1 hour ago, Sailorman said:

Click on the little 3 dots  at the top right of your post and you will find the buttons you want there.

Admins maybe but I have a very simple menu with none of what others see.

Edited by Marto