Revamp

Ratch

2 minutes ago, 96RAF said:

It has been reported several times that there is a one time edit. This may be a glitch or a feature. It will be flagged for an answr.

I'm not yet sure how it works here ....but on sites you are only able to edit until the next person posts.  The minute the next post goes in you are unable to edit.  I need to find out whether that is the case here.

2 hours ago, Sailorman said:

The minute the next post goes in you are unable to edit.  I need to find out whether that is the case here.

It will be a setting in the Invision control panel, it can be unlimited or time limited (in my experience with Invision forums). 

The navigation here is clumsy, I don't get a front page list of forums/sub-forums that I can click into, or am I missing something?

17 hours ago, Sailorman said:

Actually, It appears there is a 15 minute deadline for editing.

Yeah, that looks like the case, although I haven't timed it. When I submitted my most recent post the edit function was available, but now it's gone. I usually proof-read my posts before submitting them for spelling and grammar but mistakes still sometimes get by me. No big deal, you can all think of me as an illiterate oaf! 😁

Regards, Jeff.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Marto said:

I hove those of course but only two actions under it. 

The menu will be different according to status on the board. The edit function will only be visible during the time it's available to use. 

Interesting that I've not visited the Airfix forum before, I guess that is what they were hoping with the revamp to get more visible integration and interest across the brands. May be that's worked :classic_wink:

• Like 2

Has the forum changed? I know I haven't been here since Friday, but this ain't the same place. After logging in, it took a few minutes to find the forum.

This kind of thing can make an old man like me quite grumpy!

Chris

7 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Has the forum changed? I know I haven't been here since Friday, but this ain't the same place. After logging in, it took a few minutes to find the forum.

Chris

Hi Chris. Yes we have a new site with all the whistles and bells.  Much better than the old one though it needs a bit of fine tuning.  You'll get used to it in no time but if you have any questions just ask.

8 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Quite understandable. The new place is similar to the other forum we frequent. The hardest part is remaining in the Airfix corner, and not accidentally reading about slot cars and model trains!

• Like 1