Suggestion - Workaround thread?

Having just picked up on a couple of useful workarounds on here in the last couple of days (around HM7000 dongle function maps and another on sound profiles), I wondered if there would be value in having a "workaround" thread, locked for this type of issue, until its resolved in the respective app/software and then marked as fixed in latest updates? Just a thought.

It would be logical to append any temporary workaround to newly reported bugs until the final fix was issued whereupon the bug report and temp fettle would be deleted. Linked post amended to reflect that.

• Like 2

Here is something that has bedeviled me.

Problem: delete direct address of correspondent

I will type the "@" to bring up a correspondent.  I select one.  I cannot erase that correspondent address by "back character" if I selected the wrong one.  I tried many ways.

At first, I simply cleared all text and started over.  I have found that if I highlight text before and after it, then "cut" it, I can work around this.

Android.  And I do understand that the many flavors of Android is an issue.

Bee

44 minutes ago, What About The Bee said:

Here is something that has bedeviled me.

Problem: delete direct address of correspondent

I will type the "@" to bring up a correspondent.  I select one.  I cannot erase that correspondent address by "back character" if I selected the wrong one.  I tried many ways.

At first, I simply cleared all text and started over.  I have found that if I highlight text before and after it, then "cut" it, I can work around this.

Android.  And I do understand that the many flavors of Android is an issue.

Bee

Let's not get confused here - the proposed thread is for bugs in the HM | DCC - HM7000 system (app and decoders) only.

Any bugs ref this forum need to go in a similar thread in Website and Forum feedback section.

56 minutes ago, 96RAF said:

Let's not get confused here - the proposed thread is for bugs in the HM | DCC - HM7000 system (app and decoders) only.

Any bugs ref this forum need to go in a similar thread in Website and Forum feedback section.

Whoops!  This thread is in Forum and Website Feedback, not HM/DCC HM7000, as expected.  

Still my error.  Sorry about that.  I've started a new thread to address my concern.

The moderators may delete both of my posts in this thread as they see fit.

Bee 

1 hour ago, gilbo2 said:

Sorry for any confusion, technically this suggestion can apply to any software / app in DCC, HM7000, RailMaster sub groups etc so I put it in the forum feedback.

Each of which has a reporting post.