Diesel and Electric Locomotive Image Collection for use with the HM DCC App

In light of recent challenges with the forum Gallery, including persistent accessibility issues and diminished viewership, I received numerous requests for additional images of diesel and electric locomotives and not just steam. In response to this feedback, I've assembled a series of images specifically optimized for use within the HM DCC app, designed to ensure complete visibility for all members. These images have undergone improvements in colour accuracy and edge definition, and have been appropriately sized to fit the app's image dimensions. Included in this planned collection are images of both diesel and electric locomotives, meticulously prepared for seamless integration with the HM 7000 decoder on the HM DCC App. 

I’m kicking off with the most recent Hornby Era 10 introduction, the new tooled 423 4-VEP, featuring models from both South West Trains and Southern Class locomotives. While I focused primarily on capturing the leading carriage rather than the entire power unit, I hope these images will enhance your decoder customization experience. You're welcome to utilize any of the provided images for your decoders. Enjoy exploring the collection I will be uploading in the coming days. 

Class 423 4-VEP South West Trains.jpg

Class 423 4-VEP Southern Class.jpg

• Like 2

@The Last Ninja you can move images from their present location into new albums in tne Hornby section where they will be visible to all. The rrason being your splendid posts will drop down the page listings in time and have to be ref'd to over and again. In the gallery they simply need pointing at.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 96RAF said:

@The Last Ninja you can move images from their present location into new albums in tne Hornby section where they will be visible to all. The rrason being your splendid posts will drop down the page listings in time and have to be ref'd to over and again. In the gallery they simply need pointing at.

Hello 96RAF,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your interest in my image posts. I will maintain activity on the two threads and as per your suggestion, I will revisit the gallery and post the images there as well. 

14 minutes ago, 96RAF said:

Here are a few more locomotives for everyone. This time, it's three different Class 87 locomotives. I understand they might not be everyone's favorite, but here they are for you all. With the 'City of Birmingham', you can zoom in. I need to retake the other two at a later date as are a bit to close. Anyway, enjoy and use them on your decoders.

Class 87 'City of Birmingham' 87009.jpg

Class 87 'Royal Sovereign' 87002.jpg

Class 87 'Stephenson' 87001.jpg

• Like 2

Hello everyone. I'm pleased to share three images of class 56 locomotives I created that are now for your use on your HM DCC app. These images are ready to be grabbed and utilized as assets within the HM DCC app and HM7000 decoders. As always, I offer these images for the community to use freely. Feel free to integrate them into your projects or share them with fellow enthusiasts.

Class 56 BR 56086.jpg

Class 56 Floyd.jpg

Class 56 BR small logo 56047.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Pendragon Sailing said:

You have one hellofa loco collection Ninja !  Wow 😯 

Thank you, @pendragonsailing! I do indeed have a few locos in my collection. I'll be sure to upload more images to the forum for everyone to enjoy and utilize 🙂 

• Like 1

Behold, the Hornby Class 73 'Beatles' locomotive, a tribute to Sad Sam of @Samstrains. Not everyone views Beatles collectables as mere tat, as you seem to suggest. Maybe it's time to tune into a different frequency. Instead of constantly pushing Accurascale models for a quick influencer-paid buck, why not try a dash of honesty? Oh, but wait, honesty seems to have gone off the rails for you. After all, negativity towards Hornby and Bachmann locomotives seems to be your ticket to clicks and more money. All aboard the negativity express! .😜 

For our esteemed forum members, as per past posts above, feel free to utilize my images for your HM DCC App or any other purpose that serves you. They're here for your benefit. Enjoy.

Class 73 'The Beatles'.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Last Ninja said:

Behold, the Hornby Class 73 'Beatles' locomotive, a tribute to Sad Sam of @Samstrains. Not everyone views Beatles collectables as mere tat, as you seem to suggest. Maybe it's time to tune into a different frequency. Instead of constantly pushing Accurascale models for a quick influencer-paid buck, why not try a dash of honesty? Oh, but wait, honesty seems to have gone off the rails for you. After all, negativity towards Hornby and Bachmann locomotives seems to be your ticket to clicks and more money. All aboard the negativity express! .😜 

For our esteemed forum members, as per past posts above, feel free to utilize my images for your HM DCC App or any other purpose that serves you. They're here for your benefit. Enjoy.

Class 73 'The Beatles'.jpg

Has anyone spotted 'Sad Sam' lately on our forums sniffing around? It seems he's gone missing—perhaps drowned out by his biased Hornby non-reviews. Why not pay a visit to his YouTube channel and let him know where we stand? Let's say no to Sad Sam and his biased non-reviews of Hornby products. Any suggestions on what we should post on his channel as a collective?

38 minutes ago, The Last Ninja said:

Has anyone spotted 'Sad Sam' lately on our forums sniffing around? It seems he's gone missing—perhaps drowned out by his biased Hornby non-reviews. Why not pay a visit to his YouTube channel and let him know where we stand? Let's say no to Sad Sam and his biased non-reviews of Hornby products. Any suggestions on what we should post on his channel as a collective?

A members search brings up thousands of 'sams', good luck spotting him. By going on his channel to comment do you not increase his click rate and boost his earnings.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 96RAF said:

A members search brings up thousands of 'sams', good luck spotting him. By going on his channel to comment do you not increase his click rate and boost his earnings.

@96RAFIndeed, it's like finding a needle in a haystack with so many 'Sams' out there. As for commenting on his channel, you raise a valid point. While we want to address the misinformation, engaging directly might inadvertently contribute to his click rate and earnings. Perhaps there are alternative ways to address this issue without boosting his visibility. We should raise the issue of his biased reviews as a subject and I have a post waiting for your approval. I still think negative responses to his videos get a marketing message to other viewers that what he says is untrue and is designed to damage the Hornby brand.

• Like 1

Putting Sad Sam aside for the moment, below you'll find three images featuring different Class 91 locomotives: the GNER 'Cancer Research,' LNER's 'Lest We Forget,' and 'Fusilier.' Forum members, as always, are welcome to make use of these images for their HM DCC App or any other purposes they find suitable. I will post the Class 43 DVT units they run with next. 

Class 91 GNER 'Cancer Reseach UK'_.jpg

Class 91 'Lest We Forget' LNER 91110.jpg

Class 91 'The Fusillers' LNER 91118.jpg

• Like 2

@The Last Ninja just a small fyi - Class 43 is the BR classification of the Intercity 125 power cars.  The classification of the unpowered units (that had remote controls for Class 91) is just DVT.  In service occasionally a Class 91 & a Class 43 would be run at either end of a train (if the expected 2nd Class 43 or DVT had failed.)

Edited by LTSR_NSE
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, LTSR_NSE said:

@The Last Ninja just a small fyi - Class 43 is the BR classification of the Intercity 125 power cars.  The classification of the unpowered units (that had remote controls for Class 91) is just DVT.  In service occasionally a Class 91 & a Class 43 would be run at either end of a train (if the expected 2nd Class 43 or DVT had failed.)

@LTSR_NSEAgreed. Here are a few DVT locos to go with the above.

Class 43 DVT LNER.jpg

Class 43 DVT GNER_.jpg

Hi @gilbo2 Each image is individually shot with an engine shed sat in a photographic lightbox. A straight track is placed in front of the shed and each loco is then positioned on the track and photographed. To edit, I use Lightroom. Hope that helps. Always under expose to avoid burnt-out highlights that cannot be worked on in Lightroom or Photoshop. 

Posted (edited)

Here are a few Class 43 locomotives with the Power/DVT units, also available as separate images in case you want to synchronize the front and rear locomotives with two decoders. As always, these images can be freely used by forum members with the HM DCC App and HM 7000 decoders, or for any other purpose. Hope they are of use to you all.

Class 43 DVT Intercity 43123.jpg

Class 43 East Coast 43314-2.jpg

Class 43 DVT East Coast.jpg

Class 43 Rail Adventure.jpg

Class 43 DVT Rail Adventure.jpg

Class 43Intercity Swallow

Edited by The Last Ninja
Images wrong
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Last Ninja said:

Hi @gilbo2 Each image is individually shot with an engine shed sat in a photographic lightbox. A straight track is placed in front of the shed and each loco is then positioned on the track and photographed. To edit, I use Lightroom. Hope that helps. Always under expose to avoid burnt-out highlights that cannot be worked on in Lightroom or Photoshop. 

Thank you, yes. Has given some ideas for my non-rail project :classic_smile:

• Like 1

• 96RAF featured this topic