First SS loco to be released soon?

The R3983SS loco looks set to release in the next week or so. If you check the webpage, the release date no longer appears. Every time I’ve seen this happen, the item releases a week or so later. I regularly check all my pre-orders for this, and dates that have been pushed back.

I’m surprised it’s actually releasing, considering the other three SS locos have all been pushed back to autumn. I fully expected this one to be the same.

I’m looking forward to being able to use a loco straight out of the box, and I’m very interested to see what Hornby have cooked up.

• Like 1

Well, that changed quick! I’ve noticed that it can show as “in stock” for up to 5/7 days before I get the, your pre-order has arrived, email. 

And here was me thinking these SS locos would never arrive.

• Haha 1

And it’s on its way. 

I have noticed that since the new management was brought in at Hornby, the time from the expected release date is removed from the website, so it showing as in stock, to receiving the email, to it arriving, has become noticeably quicker. Maybe this was a new priority for Hornby leadership.

• Like 1

Just received my email from Hornby telling me R3983SS is now in stock and will be dispatched shortly. It will probably be a few more days as I live in Northern Ireland where everything takes longer - and that is all down to their carrier DPD, who are not very good where I live.

Great news - guess what - I ordered that Loco way way back in 11/01/2022 - so I have waited a very long time for it now - that is now 2 out of 3 Locos I did Pre-order (The 1st one was the R30271
LMS, Fowler 4P, 2-6-4T, 2300: Big Four Centenary Collection – Era 3 - which I also ordered way back in 2022!!!) & guess what - all I need now is my 3rd Pre-order which is "R30225SS
BR, Stanier 5MT 'Black 5', 4-6-0, 44726 With Steam Generator - Era 5"
 😉😀🚂

• Like 1

DPD app just notified me they have my order details and are expecting to pick it up shortly from Hornby. So R3983SS is starting its journey to come to me. Getting a bit excited now.

• Like 2

On 15/03/2024 at 22:31, ColinB said:

Just had notification that they want the money. My credit card has changed since I first ordered it, so it needed updating.

Same here, but to complicate matters my email address in my account also has changed, so it wont allow me to access the pre-order from my account and it wont allow me to access via my previous email address as that account doesn't exist - catch 22. I have queried this with customer service and also raised the question on the problem of them reducing the 20%VAT and adding Australias 10% GST which will bring it just under 250 pounds which means they add on the 50 pounds postage instead of being free for orders over 250 pounds. Definate discrimination against we who live in the antipodes.

Yes, it's a pain that you can't change your email address in your account profile. You have to get customer Services to do it. On the subject of free postage, you could always add something to the order costing say £5 or £10.

1 hour ago, Brew Man said:

Yes, it's a pain that you can't change your email address in your account profile. You have to get customer Services to do it. On the subject of free postage, you could always add something to the order costing say £5 or £10.

Do you not see this in your account settings

IMG_1825.jpeg

No, I don't see that screen but I have now discovered I can change it via the forum route. This is new since the forum upgrade. I still can't change via the main Hornby site though. Whether the forum method will reflect the change in the main Hornby account I don't know.

1 hour ago, Brew Man said:

No, I don't see that screen but I have now discovered I can change it via the forum route. This is new since the forum upgrade. I still can't change via the main Hornby site though. Whether the forum method will reflect the change in the main Hornby account I don't know.

That is the forum route - in that same menu there is facility to change your email.

Has anyone else had issues with delivery of this item? Get two mails on Saturday of Shipment notification. When you click on the link, DPD are saying that they are still waiting for the parcel, so obviously not made it out of Hornby yet. Last time this happened I phoned up Customer Service and they sorted it, but before I do that I just wanted to see if it is a global issue.

Like many, have been anxiously awaiting this loco since the day it was announced.  Received the Prince Of Wales SS today, Wednesday.  Parcel sent on Saturday from UK to USA. Delivery time of five days. Smooth transaction by Hornby. There was no interruption to personal financial data, but if there was, it can be easily changed on the billing page. Along with address change you can add an alternate financial source.

• Like 1

That is interesting, DPD finally took delivery of my loco yesterday (Wednesday), probably out for delivery today. So it took longer to send to Essex, UK than the USA. I suspect there must have been some issue in Hornby's despatch department. 

Mine had also been sitting with Hornby for days now, even though I got the DPD notification maybe a week ago. It never normally takes this long.

As no one has posted pictures, or feedback of theirs in here, I assumed this hold up was the same for everyone.

I probably won’t have time to play around with mine until the weekend, but at least it’s finally here.

68CEA981-08D5-470C-BC20-AB198A1FDA6A.jpeg