Anyone have dealings with a company Toy Train UK

Anyone know anything about this rather generically named website?

https://www.toytrainuk.com/contact-us/

Everything appears to be on sale at too reasonable a price, I can't find them listed as a stockist for Hornby, Bachmann, Accurascale etc and every picture is a stock image. The address 'Albion Way' appears to be a shopping centre in Norwich not where you would expect a model shop to be these days. The postcode NR6E 3UF on their site does not match the address given?

Edited by AndyMac1707817969

• RB51 changed the title to Anyone have dealings with a company Toy Train UK

I'd be steering well clear. Every single item seems to on 'Sale' status at prices too good to be true. And as the saying goes, if something looks too good to be true, it probably is. also NR6E 3UF is a fictitious postcode.

Edited by Brew Man

Highly suspicious in my opinion.  If you look at the "About" page it talks about fashion, it mentions opening ours as "PT"  (Pacific Time ?),  the postcode on the contact page isn't a valid format and Albion Way in Norwich is a totally different postcode block.   The Terms and Conditions page mentions Italian law!
I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

86 Albion Way comes up as Morrisons car wash.

There is/was a craft shop on that trading estate which had a limited range of models but not at that indicated location.
As noted the postcode is bogus.
My advice - give them a swerve and head for Great Eastern Models in the City or Bure Valley models if out of town.

I totally agree with the thoughts and opinions of all above.

We are all enthusiasts here on the forum, wanting 'the best' and it's a totally natural instinctive manner to hunt out the best price to limit the depletion of our 'hard earned'.

If it looks too good to be true .... 

Stay prudent out there - there are plenty of trustworthy and reliable outlets.

If there's a specific model, invariably most if not all come up for sale from time-to-time.

Al.

Edited by atom3624

The website was only registered last week apparently in Indiana in the US, by an entity that itself appears to be registered in Singapore.

With the number of red flags picked up so far, I genuinely hope nobody actually falls for it.

@Brew Man Cloudflare are a perfectly legitimate web hosting company - their services are being (ab)used by the scammer(s) operating this rogue website.  Reporting it to them is most certainly beneficial - as they will have zero interest in having their reputation damaged.

2 hours ago, AndyMac1707817969 said:

Time for a few emails to abuse@cloudflare.com who seem to be hosting it. They have to respond to abuse reports so the more that report this the faster it will disappear (only to reappear elsewhere I am sure)

I sent to them and got a run around response asking to report abuse via some other avenue. Too difficult.

The NCSC do take an interest in such things.  They say they investigate every report, will check the site over and try and get the hosting provider to shut it down if it warrants.  They can't inform the result of the investigation (it was an anonymous report anyway).

Facebook do take action sometimes - I've reported dodgy scam ads and they've confirmed the ad was removed.

Edited by ntpntpntp