Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Received a R3682 Duchess of Gloucester - looks great on the face of it, but ....

1. Tender ladder needed attention. Repaired.
  2. Coal pusher steam exhausts - one missing. Now repaired - wire and paint.
  3. Pipework missing under one side of the loco cab. Need to review options.
  4. Centre driver hex bolt slightly misshapen, must have been removed with pliers and valvegear 'back-to-front'. Easily resolved.

Nothing I cannot fix, so challenge accepted! 'Win price' was pretty good but seller obviously had no idea anything was wrong judging by the 'Buy it Now' price, not paid as won on auction.

Al.

I just had a R30232 "Lion" pack with the flat bed wagon pack and the R1233M CC Christmas train set with an extra wagon to make up the "free" postage 250 pounds requirement, delivered here in Aussie land yesterday, just 9 days after ordering. - including a weekend. Meanwhile an order from Sydney just 1100 kms away 2 weeks ago and still not here.

Just as well we didn't attend Warley this year, my wife took ill, I know I would have had to buy something or other. I did manage to visit my favourite model shop in Altrincham though and came away with a dozen Metcalfe kits, to which end I've just ordered some of those fine pointed dispensers for the UHU glue, never tried those before so I'm looking forward to trying them.

I bought a set of those some time back and so far have not used them. For all my Metcalfe kits, (and a few others) I've been using the Deluxe Card Glue from the little bottles it comes in. The dispensers look good though and I intend using them at some point.

My latest purchase was the Collectors, 'King Charles' locomotive. it arrived and was opened eagerly placed on the track and - NOTHING, no running, not even the tell tale slight hum of power reaching the motor, no tune, no sound effects. I contacted Hornby as the instruction leaflet was a bit sparse in case i had missed anything, i hadn't, although i was told my Select Controller needed an upgrade. i sent it back with the Controller and they were returned in due course, it was a faulty decoder according to the invoice for the upgrade and it works great. Top Marks to Chris in Customer Service and the guys and gals in the repair department.

A fresh computer (I usually buy 3 month old ex-corporate ones that are reconditioned by the original manufacturer, saves £100's and you get an up to date spec machine). I needed something beefier to run Windows 11 and a new 3D printer, the bed on my little 3D printer isn't big enough for some of my model railway projects so an upgrade was needed. I will be looking for a new decent 3D printer in the new year.