R9684 Murdoch

Wow. And it's gone even than when you posted it last night!

It does make one wonder whether Hornby will do a Murdoch re-run in their relaunched Thomas range Part 2 (1000 piece limited like they did with Spencer and Stepney a few years back?) as he seems to be the consistently most over-valued character alongside Oliver/Toad.

How do you know who's bought an item? 

you don't, but the seller probably wouldn't give feedback to himself, plus if the buyer has zero feedback it might be because the transaction was never completed in which feedback could not be left anyway,

You click on the number of bids WTD and that shows certain information about the bidder, such as how much feedback they have and what percentage of their bids have been with that seller.

In bid shilling, a seller sets up a fake account, or gets a friend to bid. They then bid up to get a buyer to up their bids, or in bid sheilding they bid up until they find out how much the buyers maximum bid is, then they withdraw their bid, leaving the second highest bidder as the winner.

As I said, it doesn't look like it happened in this case as no bids were withdrawn.

Hi you guys.I agree with poliss.I have been following this subject  great interest.I can't believe that someone would pay £369.00 for this model.I have been on Ebay tonight and guess what this guy has another Murdoch up for auction.It's shown as relisted.He has one bid at £99.99p.I don't think the previous transaction ever took place.I think  it's the same Murdoch relisted for some reason.The Ebay item no is 31142696517.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Thres another one from AC models up at £795 I feel sorry for the kids that desperatly want this model, All because of the greed of a few they will never beable to own the model. I get it that some models command more than others but come on a Thomas loco which is only equilivent to a Railroad loco with that asking price is a joke.