Hornby Hobbies Club Membership Renewal

Bulleidboy

I didn't get a reminder, it expired 6th Jan.........only realised when the discount reminder failed to appear on screen........haven't used last years' £20 voucher because there have been no Club models for months...... ☹️.......HB

I didn't get a reminder, it expired 6th Jan.........only realised when the discount reminder failed to appear on screen........haven't used last years' £20 voucher because there have been no Club models for months...... ☹️.......HB

I know how you feel, have complained about this twice and still waiting to see something worth buying  ☹️

I telephoned to renewed my membership I said I had not used the voucher for last year

The Kind lady emailed a £15 voucher to use against an order from the website

I have now used the voucher with no problem

G

Why only £15 though? I would understand if it was £18 (due to club discount).

The voucher can now be used on anything not just club specials as far as I know. 

The club is in effect free to download members. You pay £15 you get the £15 back.  😆

WTD Just tried to use my voucher for non-club item. It would not accept it, only to be used for club items.

I won't be renewing as there is nothing worth buying amongst the club list.

If you have a £20 Club models voucher you need to contact the Club to swap it for a £15 use on anything one.

I'm actually quite disappointed that they haven't automatically contacted all current club members offering them a replacement voucher (or at least, those who hadn't redeemed the original while club models were still available).

I renewed mine this morning, i haven't used my voucher from last year, but the money i have saved with the discount more than covers the value of the voucher, so it's no big deal that i haven't used it, but there wasn't anything i particularly wanted from the club section anyway, i dare say if i rang them they would send me another valid code for me to use again this year, but as i will be getting a few things this year the automatic discount will once again cover more than the voucher,

• 3 weeks later...

Well peoples, I got my re-newal reminder, maybe because I'm 'Johnny Foreigner' and must have loads of money but, and there is always a but. What the hell is the point of being a member. It seems like a Con to me. Last year we had the fiasco where Hornby hived of to the Main retailers the remains of their "Club Exclusive"models. These retailers promptly discounted the models to make them cheaper than any discount that Hornby offered.in my case the free postage because I spent over 100 pounds. I should think that the 'Club Exclusive' slogan is an offence under the Trades Description Act. Needless to say I will not be rejoing this year for the sake of a paltry 20 or 15 pound voucher. The other point about Club Exclusive models ,I think it was last year, The Terriers, we waited 2 or more years to receive our club exclusive model and within 24 hours they were being advertised on Ebay, sometimes several would be available from 1 seller, not very exclusive unless someone stole a packing case full I suppose. Well good luck to you all, I will still keep an eye open for what Hornby is offering but I will buy from a Retailer, pay the postage and probably save money anyway.

As you appear to have loads of money Toeknee, obviously the voucher is of no use to you. To many the £15 Online Membership fee is a good deal, as you get your £15 voucher immediately which can be used against any model.  I seem to recall that Hornby were looking into how certain retailers were offering exclusive models at inflated prices. 

• 1 month later...

I have just received my reminder ahead of the renewal date and as with many others I have not used my £20 voucher for 2016. as it is due to expire mid-April will have to exchange if for a lower value if I am not to lose it altogether.  I noticed in the letter that the membership card is only available to those who renew through the post. I get 10% discount at two model shops in Carlisle and I have to produce my membership card for it to be applied. Does anyone know if there is a download facility to produce such a confirmation of membership acceptable to stockists bearing in mind, as my kids keep telling me I am a techno-dinosaur, and would need help if it was.

Thanks

Talk to the club and they will probably let you use your old voucher later. They may swap it for an extra £15 voucher but remember the £15 vouchers can be used anywhere not just on Club exclusives. 

Print out the email confirming your on line membership. If the shop doesn't accept that I would be very surprised. I was a postal member last year and had lost my card. My confirmation letter worked in two shops. 

Archived