Airfix - What's your Latest Acquisition?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a bit of fun at the IPMS Avon show. The Heinkel is a kit I've been waiting for, the Matchbox AFVs/softskin are part of an ongoing pursuit to collect all their armour kits and the Airfix were on a very special offer from Antics, so it would be rude not to!

/media/tinymce_upload/3165747cbd2a89634f99a211e036607a.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/01ba4207a51627ff8d8961d3b5c613ea.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/ac697f9573593126fb6539e475300299.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/eb9b7b47e8515b14ee2315da44bed4f9.JPG

I had a bit of fun at the IPMS Avon show. The Heinkel is a kit I've been waiting for, the Matchbox AFVs/softskin are part of an ongoing pursuit to collect all their armour kits and the Airfix were on a very special offer from Antics, so it would be rude not to!

/media/tinymce_upload/3165747cbd2a89634f99a211e036607a.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/01ba4207a51627ff8d8961d3b5c613ea.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/ac697f9573593126fb6539e475300299.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/eb9b7b47e8515b14ee2315da44bed4f9.JPG

Sombody is lucky!

Harder & Steenbeck Infinity 2 in 1 (0.2 & 0.4)

Harder & Steenbeck Evolution 2 in 1 (0.2 & 0.4)

Addotional needle set (0.6)

As186 compressor 

Airfix augusta merlin

Hasegawa Mitubishi F1m2 "pete"

Eduard Fw190A JG54 dual combo

Eduard Tempest Profipack

I have an Avro Shackleton en-route from a certain Sheffield based box-shifter..

Sad I'm replying to myself, but now have the Eduard Photo-etches and masking set for the above said Shackleton MR.2 en-route. I'm doing the 224 Squadron version, as this was one of the Squadrons my Grandfather flew with (and may well of commanded) during WW2.

I recently vacationed up in Canada and while in Montreal, i naturally visited a hobby shop (place is called Udisco ltd. huge place go check it out ;) because thats something everyone does while vacationing...right? Anyhow while there i managed to pick up the following:

Airfix 1:350 Type 45 destroyer, Airfix 1:400 HMS Montgomery, and Airfix 1:400 HNoMS St. Albans. (Montgomery and St. Albans are reboxed Mirage kits apparently) Im looking forward to building these gems!

My original intent was to build it as an airliner, but the interior only includes paratrooper benches for the self-loading cargo area.

G-AMSU could be configured for passengers or cargo, I think if you leave the benches out it is accurate in its civvie guise. A shame there's no option for passenger seating, maybe one of the aftermarket resin companies will oblige in due course?

My original intent was to build it as an airliner, but the interior only includes paratrooper benches for the self-loading cargo area.

G-AMSU could be configured for passengers or cargo, I think if you leave the benches out it is accurate in its civvie guise. A shame there's no option for passenger seating, maybe one of the aftermarket resin companies will oblige in due course?

Cheers Paul. The para benches can be fitted in their folded configuration, which would allow the BOAC machine in its cargo role, but I'd wanted airliner seats (and a different airline) for personal reasons.

Have just bought the 2017 Catalogue.  A bit late in the year ... but there you are.  

I was quite surprised to see that most of the models shown there are either new moulds or relatively recent new moulds. Virtually none of the "old" kits are included.  I must say though I knew all the recent airfix kits the sheer number of new moulds still surprised me. 

I bought the catalogue when I called at our local importer.  I was chatting to the person handling the Airfix section and he told me that Airfix 1:48 kits are not as popular here in Malta as some of the other brands.  He feels that the "message" that Airfix have upped their game has still not got through to the local model makers.