Hornby 2020 range will be revealed on...

JeremiahBunyan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like a Bulleid 4Sub EMU, especially as there is one now at Margate so they only have to go next door to measure it, and the chassis of the 2BIL would fit straight under it, BUT I have very little hope of ever seeing one. 😢

I would like a Bulleid 4Sub EMU, especially as there is one now at Margate so they only have to go next door to measure it, and the chassis of the 2BIL would fit straight under it, BUT I have very little hope of ever seeing one. 😢

You have some hope of seeing one since it is here

https://www.roxeymouldings.co.uk/product/120/4emu2-sr-3sub-electric-unit/

They also supply the extra carriage to make it up to a 4 sub.

You have some hope of seeing one since it is here

https://www.roxeymouldings.co.uk/product/120/4emu2-sr-3sub-electric-unit/

They also supply the extra carriage to make it up to a 4 sub.

I know about that one (and I have the kit but haven't got round to making it yet) BUT the one I want is one of THESE ---

/media/tinymce_upload/0ca577978eddc523edc74fcdc62acc3a.jpg

No Nonsese Kits used to make it, and I have already made one, but after the proprietor passed away NNK has disappeared (apart from a few bits and pieces) and I cannot make another one to get me a 8 car set.

My main OO layout is firmly based in the South East in the 1950s.  I may have a few LNER/NER locomotives but these are definately interlopers.

In terms of quantity my OO  locomotive collection consists of  -

75% SECR / LBSCR / LSWR / SR/BR(S)

12% NER / GER / GCR / GNR / LNER/BR(E/NE)

8% MR / LNWR / LMSR / BR(LM/Sc)

2% GWR / BR(W)

2% Industrial / Light Railway 

1% LTPB / LTE

I have recently decided to get back into the hobby and I am really hoping they expand the DCC train set range. Although R1236 'Mixed Freight' looks great value for money it would be nice to have more choice or additional sets to choose from. Alternatively if they did bundles which just included a DCC controller and a locomotive, that would be great! 😆

Cheers

@Shrews............Hornby have produced many other Train Sets that are only available through certain retailers known as their Signature range. For example, Kernow Model Rail Centre have 22 different sets on offer. So would be worth checking with your nearest model shop or google model shops.......HB

The new items in the range will have been in development for up to two years or more, so any requests we make will be considered and if they decide to make them they will not appear in the shops for at least three years . 

The MRE Wish List Poll is one method of suggesting to the manufacturers what the modelling fraternity wish for. 

The top 10 in the November 2018 Wish List Poll included the following. The figure at the start indicated the number of votes cast.

421 GWR Manor 4-6-0 (7800-7829)

405 BR Standard Class 2 2-6-0 (78000-78064)

373 USATC S-160 2-8-0 (WWII)

371 SR U 2-6-0 (31610-31639, 31790-31809)

361 WD Austerity 8F 2-10-0 (90750-90774)

338 Class 91

338 Class 120 Swindon Cross-Country 3-car

335 BR Standard Class 3 2-6-0 (77000-77019)

333 Class 89 (89001)

320 GWR Churchward Toplight Coaches (1907-1922)

This might give a clue as to what we might expect in the coming year.

In some cases, products announced in 2018 are not yet with us and are now slated for delivery in Summer 2020. Still waiting for Merchant Navy East Asiatic Company, which has been moved now 3 times. It makes budgetting a bit difficult but at least the pre-order is £40 cheaper than a new order would be. So I won't worry too much about about 2020 announcements!

I can't see Hornby making a class 89, but would absolutely love it if they did.  I'd buy....well....one.  Because there was only 1.  Bit too niche for Hornby, but I am sure someone will commission it one day. 

Although, the Holden 101 was a single experimental class of loco, and it's served Hornby well over the years.  Maybe the 89 might be a possibility after all!! 

Here's hoping!

So what are they LIKELY to release mmmm..............

Possibly the Clan 4-6-2 will get a re-run, with maybe a 'Hengist; model. The Lima class 26/27 might make an appearance in the RailRoad range.

The detailed LMS carriages will likely re-appear to go with the LMS Pacifics, in both BR Crimson and Cream LMS Crimson Lake, although the Gresley corridors are also well overdue a comeback.

It is hard to predict a completely new model but I suspect the TPE Nova 1 stock is a possibility as it uses similar tooling to the GW or LNER 800 stock. Or perhaps they will really surprise us with Nova 3 instead with mark 5 carriages and a brand new class 68 to pull and push it.

The BR 2MT 2-6-0  78xxx is a strong possaibility as it has been constantly in the wish-list polls and Hornby's own Ivatt 2-6-0 is long defunct. 

Those are my predictions, although I could be hoplessly wrong!

I think Hornby are likely to finally release the Railmaster Loco Detection system. They announced it a number of years ago but it has yet to appear. With each passing year we must be getting closer to them launching it.

The current Railmaster system is almost useless without loco detection as currently it's impossible to get trains to stop in the correct place. Loco Detection would really complete the Railmaster system and generate excitement and plenty of sales.