General Discussion about TT:120

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Milepost48

There is a little difficulty in replicating the issue from a UK postal/IP address.

Can you take screenshots of the relevant parts of the purchase process and send them to customerservices.uk@hornby.com with an outline of the issue? Please include the fact that you are in Belgium.

When you get an answer please come back and let us know.

R-

The Railroad range is either ex-Lima or other Hornby products (some ex-Airfix) no longer considered suitable for the main range (e.g. 14xx, class 110 DMU).

There have been some items tooled especially for the range—Crosti 9F and Tornado, and (IIRC) Duke of Gloucester. There have also been newly tooled items for the Jouef Loisirs reduced-price French HO range.

Hornby stated in the recent TTtalk Q&A on YouTube that suitable HM7000 sound decoders will be made available for all the locos that are big enough to fit one inside (the only announced model currently in development that is too small is the class 08).

It therefore seems a fairly safe bet that a Class 50 sound option will be made available (once the Class 50 itself becomes available!)

Hornby is now also offering locomotives with a sounddecoder, will there also a class 50 be offered with sound??

Paul

Class 50 is listed in the HM7000 sound files downloads on Page 187 of the paper catalogue.

At present there are likely to be separate sound profiles for OO and TT to cater for different motor algorithms.

Only sound-fitted locos currently on offer are A1, A3, A4 and HST pack.

Then the good news is - the same price discount deal as the sets - the sound decoder fitted is £55 versus £70 bought separately, or the HST for £110 for two decoders (yes, you get sound and lights in the dummy car).

The bad news - looks like a 2-3 month delivery delay v non-sound.

Hi All. New to the forum so apologies if this has been answered, just wondered when the next phase of releases might be happening?

I'm a OO and N modeller but I'm keen to dip a toe into TT. Its great that they have 2 sets out but as an era 7 modeller they're of no interest to me, it might have been better if they had released the Scotsman set and a diesel set, maybe the 50 and some coaches or the 08 & some waggons. I would have been tempted then but now I'm waiting for the next phase before I commit.

Cheers, Chris

@chris (12:28 23/1) Welcome to the Forum

Moderator Note:

It is in your own interest to have a unique user name. 

Could you please select ‘My Account’ towards the top right hand corner of your screen, then Community and choose a nickname in the ‘My Profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. We had hoped a Forum change was coming to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there will be more than one member with your name. This request together with some other information for new posters is contained in a thread at the top of the General Discussion section called ‘Information for new members registering for the Forum’

More details here

Hi Chris and welcome, if you go into the shop look up the model you are interested in, there is an expected availability. This does vary from model to model, eg HST is looking quite close to production etc whilst some other locos in phase 2 are a way off. I am sure the success of early sales and pre orders for TT120 will also determine allocation of resources but manufacturing and shipping is a challenging environment right now so be guided by the estimates given rather than hope for something that’s not been promised (we all do 😁)