The Scotsman arrived Germany

DB-Fahrer

Hi Guys,

Yesterday the Scotsman starter set arrived in Germany from Hornby (suitable for Christmas :D ) and today it was allowed to go on a big journey on my TT modules (European).

forum_image_63a839246e828.thumb.png.0481df16f1d07b56e362735fd3b35c3d.png

forum_image_63a83929ec763.thumb.png.c17a0de3833cd94fde4571de89c8ac71.png

forum_image_63a8392f3e3e5.thumb.png.a01f7a9f296206fce72f3440a3d79f7f.png

I am ecxited about the quality that Hornby has delivered here in the 1:120 scale, but above all that the locos are DCC friendly.

the loco starts very slowly with low current, but the top speed is very fast ;) The details and finish of the train is really great, I discover more and more details the longer I look at the models.

I will be happy to order more TT models from Hornby and slowly start planning a beautiful British model railway in TT.

Thank you Hornby :)

Thank You Guys :)

@TT-Man That's true, since many only knew Triang as a manufacturer. That's about the same as Rokal here ;) TT is no longer an "Eastern track" here in Europe because there are many manufacturers such as Tillig, Roco, Kühn, etc.

TT really combines the advantages of 00/H0 and N (less space required with better current collection).

@ntpntpntp and Rallymatt Thanks, yes, it makes a lot of sense to be able to see the models in a beautiful landscape (I know I drive the Scotsman on the wrong side here :) ). Above all, it makes the great details stand out better.

forum_image_63a878a3d4284.thumb.png.c45f52922706cadf8d34ee3fabda7256.png

forum_image_63a878aa6f074.thumb.png.1cca04b238a39c41c3993641836406b8.png

forum_image_63a878afa6bd1.thumb.png.e7837ce53a401efba28804361ed57b6b.png

forum_image_63a878b4d278d.thumb.png.b6bdf4570b574ac684b8443be4682c61.png

forum_image_63a878bc84ba8.thumb.png.132ecd581c5737dc64309ea85dba8541.png

After years I can finally realize my little English model railway dream in the gauge size I've been traveling on for 20 years, that makes me happy ;)

Kind Regards

Patrick

@Patrick

Moderator Note:

It is in your own interest to have a unique user name. 

Could you please select ‘My Account’ towards the top right hand corner of your screen, then Community and choose a nickname in the ‘My Profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. We had hoped a Forum change was coming to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there will be more than one member with your name. This request together with some other information for new posters is contained in a thread at the top of the General Discussion section called ‘Information for new members registering for the Forum’

Your lovely pictures show off the difference in loading gauge between Britain and the continent very clearly. Although I have always been aware of the difference, the false impression created by OO being bigger than HO has clouded my visualisation of how much smaller in reality British rolling stock is compared to its continental counterpart.

@DB-Fahrer, thanks for the extra photos, keep them coming!

Showing the Hornby TT120 on a fully developed high quality layout like Patrick’s really makes sense of at last having a true scale (off the shelf), the proportions are so important.

TT-Man, at last the larger European loading gauge takes it rightful place instead of the OO/HO mismatch. Imagine how UK railways would have developed if Britain had adopted a larger loading gauge? Duplex 125? 😁

Thanks Guys :)

yes I hope you can see all the details with the pictures and I have made a lot (mainly because the German TT trackers were very interested in the result and yes, they were really pleasantly surprised). I'm still impressed by all the details (and I spent a lot of time playing again today :o ).

By the way: despite the lack of traction tires, the locomotive pulls over 25 2-axle wagons, I just don't dare to show a picture of them because they were freight wagons sweat_smile

forum_image_63a99feb8c814.thumb.png.3b397fa574d4c1db23c9824c3fa43eff.png

forum_image_63a99ff3a3014.thumb.png.904d21679d118cd315435e6ec7f3a88b.png

forum_image_63a99ffa1990d.thumb.png.7b63615e0d2fa68d02a40d96c840319b.png

forum_image_63a9a00093a77.thumb.png.17866c7003029c8bcf9843f3b8aeae95.png

Patrick

Loving the pictures Patrick, thankyou. Your layout looks fabulous, Blink Bonny doesn’t look out of place at all even looks great heading a huge freight train!

The irony is that your German layout is hosting an iconic British train and my British layout (under construction) is hosting a classic German diesel and freight vans …. I’m waiting for the Easterner in later BR Livery.

It’s reassuring that you are impressed with quality, is it running on DC or DCC?

Rallymatt Thanks :) for the freight train behind the "Blink Bonny" I was mocked a little bit flushed That's interesting :) I have a lot of trains from other countries in my TT collection because I'm so interested in them.

on my TT modules it is currently running DC (analogue), later it should be digitized because I want to drive the new layout DCC.

Patrick, I am sure somewhere there will be a photo of an LNER A1 hauling a freight train even if it’s only on a trial! No need for any mocking, especially when the setting looks so amazing!

On DCC, I have always found running gets even better over DC.

@ntpnypntp…. Totally agree on the like button

Hello Guys :)

Thanks, I'm curious how the locomotive drives digitally :D

The last few days I was able to test the locomotive and wagons from the starter set :)

Overall, the Blink Bonny covered a distance of more than 300 meters ( that would be 36km in real) on my TT modules. There were no malfunctions, derailments or uncoupling of the train. My modules are built with Tillig TT tracks, the points are "EW2" and "EW3" points (with polarized frog) and a distance of around 25 meters is covered per lap.

@David, Of course I have new pictures right away, I just can't get enough :D. Also comparison pictures with other TT models (Roco BR02 Steam Loco, Tillig BR110 DR Diesel Loco and Tillig E18 Electric Loco), here you can see the difference in the Loading profile very well.

I hope my Hornby buildings arrive soon :D