HM7000 decoders released?

Rallymatt

My 8 pin sound version arrived this morning. I have stuck it in a princess and it works straight away on dcc as predicted. Interesting to compare it with a TTS chip in another Princess. It seems quieter than the older version but still ok. I have tried the largest enclosure so far.

I think I have more chuffs per revolution than before but still fewer than there should be even allowing that the sound is for a 3 cylinder loco and not a four.

Just need the app now for a real test. The QR code in the instructions takes you to the old 6000 app.

Overall so far so good

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah there we go, finally got the DPD notification. Arriving tomorrow. hugging_face

How do we select which loco sound the decoder plays without the app? The older TTS decoders were a one trick pony in that they were programmed for one particular loco sound, but the new TXS decoders can play any sound you select from the app, correct?

How do we select which loco sound the decoder plays without the app?

You can't.

It is not a case that the decoder contains all the available sound files for different Loco classes and you select which loco to play through some form of CV setting.

There is only memory space in the decoder for one Class of loco sound file. The default one being a steam loco class, so not much use if buying the TXS for a Diesiel if you don't have a working APP.

You have to use the APP to download the required Class of loco sounds and use the APP to overwrite the default sound file with the one required.

It has to be the APP via Bluetooth to install a sound file as there is no support in the current NMRA standard to load sound files into a decoder using the DCC protocol.

The default sound is steam - A1/A3 - but it is there as a test sound. If you want the A1/A3 sound profile you have to load it. The good thing about these HM7000 decoders is that you can just load a new sound on top of what you had previously loaded - no need to clear the old sound.

Well, I got the Next18 version delivered yesterday. I put it into the socket on my decoder tester and tried to drive it (with my Zimo MXULFA). The Zimo firstly tries to identify the address and decoder so reads CVs before it will enter drive mode...but all it did was pulse the motor and fail to read anything...hmmm! Might have to try it with another programmer and JMRI!

Should be in DCC mode by default with short address 3, so it should respond with motor control, function control and sound control.

The decoder supports Service track programming in all modes and PoM under DCC.

The MXULFA sets CV144 when it first reads a decoder, could this cause problems as CV144 in the HM7000 decoder is "source of motor control" setting.
Derekr

Agreed, it's definitely a peculiarity to the MXULFA. Using a DCC EX++ on JMRI I have no issues reading CVs and running the chip. The only thing missing is a profile for these decoders in JMRI!

The MXULFA sets CV144 when it first reads a decoder, could this cause problems as CV144 in the HM7000 decoder is "source of motor control" setting.
Derekr

Agreed, it's definitely a peculiarity to the MXULFA. Using a DCC EX++ on JMRI I have no issues reading CVs and running the chip. The only thing missing is a profile for these decoders in JMRI!