HM | DCC App is in the Apple App Store

Fishmanoz

Just fitted a 21pin into my 9F Evening Star, absolutely brilliant, the sounds are fantastic. The slow running is very good and the shunting mode is also a brilliant addition - you can time the movement back and forth - great if your using magnetic couplings. I cannot wait for my 8pin to arrive so that I can get a Merchant Navy up and running. To think I can do all this from my iphone and at the push (well slideyum) of a button I can revert to DCC and use my Elite. Great work by Hornby.

Searched for “Hornby” and the DCC app does not appear. Clicked on the DC app and found the DCC app by scrolling down and opening the full list of other Hornby apps. I’m sure it will be appear in the initial search as the app server catches up with things.

It installed first time on my iPad 6th generation. It all looks good and what I need now is a dongle or decoder to get started.

The app links to a couple of tutorials which are worth a look.

So thumbs-up for iPad compatibility.

easiest to find as HM DCC, I have a decoder and now the app, just need Margate Works to release a repaired A4 name the fun can start. I might be looking in the wrong places but is it possible to ‘sample’ the sound files via the app? That might be a nice touch if not.

Rallymatt, Hornby have indicated that sound samples may be available as the app continues to develop but at this stage the priority was to get a working system out before developing extras at a later date.

Also worth noting that the app requires ios13 or above to function on Apple iPad and iPhone. Work is going on in the background to enable ios12.5.7

Android is still a little way down the line.

Brilliant! I downloaded the app to my wife's old iPad (I'm an Android man) and installed the Class 31 sound file, which is probably the closest thing currently for my Hornby 3-car class 101 DMU. The sound file took about 12 minutes to download.

It all seems to work, and the user interface is excellent. In particular the CV editor working on the main track with instant feedback of the updates is so much better than Railmaster's CV editor.

Regards, John

Searched for “Hornby” and the DCC app does not appear. Clicked on the DC app and found the DCC app by scrolling down and opening the full list of other Hornby apps....

That's strange because I searched for Hornby and the DCC App is there, towards the end.

Any chance of changing the title to indicate that this relates to Apple not Google/Android?

Pd, I very particularly used the Apple name - App Store - in the title. Do Google/Android also have an App Store by that name?

Edit: have added Apple for you anyway.

Power cycle is where you have to turn the power to your loco off and break the connection to the App and then a few seconds later reinstate the power and the connection is restored.

You can either lift your loco off the track or turn the power to the layout off altogether - I found this the easiest option. You will get a "red" window come up on the App to say connection broken and a "green" window when connection restored.

What does this mean?

Sorry DRC but it means you’ve just hijacked the thread. This is not about the app being in the App Store.

Sorry, pet hate of mine. Trouble is you can never find the hijacked discussion again. Much better under its own thread title.