Preorder

Alan-362839

I totally agree with your comments SteveM6 and that is the reason I preorder, but I think that they will have trouble shifting it at £300, £270 is probably debatable. That is why they have so much excess stock. There again I might be completely wrong. I thought they had dispensed with the 10% discount for club membership.

As has been said many times, the pre-order process is simply part of the method for acquiring items, today. Understanding this, when the Hornby R3836 2MT was first announced, a pre-order was made immediately. Have read that development is now moving along and the model release is not that far off. Finally! But wait, Hornby sent me a notice that the pre-order was successfully cancelled. What? That certainly didn’t happen on my end. After years of waiting, the order was cancelled. Has anyone else experienced this? Have contacted the Customer Care Team, but have not heard a word.

As I have said before, You are lucky you can pre-order at a set price and not put any money up until it is available. Here in the colonies, you have to pay up front and hope and pray that the shop you ordered it from doesn't go bust before it does get supplied, because as a unsecured creditor, you have no chance getting your money back. A word of experience.

I have in the last 4 years or so I have pre-ordered with Hornby. I used to use local shops and one of the big box shifters only to have them cancelled because all orders exceeded the amount of the models to be produced. Then I missed out on loco's I wanted.

I was very lucky my local model shop had ordered a few more than he required for his customers and was lucky to let me have one that was to go in shop stock.

I have just had 3 email's to say my pre-ordered P2's are in stock. As the saying go when waiting for a bus , then 3 come along at once.

@ 96RAF Not after a year or so, as was in this case, and considering the very long lead times as described by many it can be 2or 3 or even 4 years which is 4 years of them using your money and you possibly missing out altogether.

@BM. I use my credit card to buy everything, even a cup of coffee and pay it off in full every month.

@ 96RAF Not after a year or so, as was in this case, and considering the very long lead times as described by many it can be 2or 3 or even 4 years which is 4 years of them using your money and you possibly missing out altogether.

Hornby does not take your money for pre-orders until the models are available to be mailed out.

A number of model railway companies handling pre-orders in the UK do not charge you immediately. Some do take a small deposit and at least one charges the full amount and then refunds it if the model is not likely to be released within a couple of weeks

I did preorder a loco last night after reading the free magazine they sent me although I hate doing it. I realised that the loco is not due out until 2024 and my 10% discount for being in the club will have expired by then, so I did preorder it.