When will profile issues be resolved and how will we know when they are available?

BritInVanCA

So I know I've been needy the last few days. That's what happens when you finally get time to turn back to your hobby with some new rolling stock!

I just want to confirm that all of these issues are potentially resolved by these soon to arrive updated loco profiles. To clarify again my set up is a simple double oval on a 7 ft by 3 ft baseboard, a Hornby Select with 1.6 firmware and a 4 amp power pack, iPad 5th generation running iOS16.7 and the the latest version of the HM DCC app. The track is clean and today the A3 Night Hawk runs well but the A4 Falcon....

• Keeps stopping sometimes stops and starts and sometimes goes a couple of CMs then stops
  • Runs ok forwards then stops in reverse
  • Runs ok without coaches but stops when they are added
  • Eventually after multiple resets of the app, controller and profile reloads to resolve the above issues it now only runs on DCC and not Bluetooth

Previous days the A4 worked but not the A3.

I could just keep reloading the loco profile until I get it working again but that is a huge waste of time and quite a source of frustration. If I knew these problems were mechanical or electrical I would send the time to trouble shoot but the inconsistency suggests to me that it is software related.

I know no one can say for sure when better profiles are coming but I heard they are and i wonder are we talking days or weeks and how we will know when they have been updated. HM DCC app versions are pushed but I assume profiles would have to be a pull.

I'm going to copy this to the HM7000 support email but sometimes the forum is quicker.

I might just go back to DC temporarily to continue my testing during layout build. I'll only be able to test with one loco as the DCC fitted one didn't come with a blanking plate but at least I can move forward.

RAF has been saying consistently over the weekend they’ll be out in a week or so.

And yes, expected to fix all those intermittent movement and BLE/DCC glitches.

Plus static charging.

That I’m aware of.

PS. BinCA, could you please just put one carriage return between your paras, the forum software bizarrely adds the second itself.

RAF has been saying consistently over the weekend they’ll be out in a week or so.
And yes, expected to fix all those intermittent movement and BLE/DCC glitches.
Plus static charging.
That I’m aware of.
PS. BinCA, could you please just put one carriage return between your paras, the forum software bizarrely adds the second itself.

Thanks Fishy. Good to have someone on the Forum who can answer outside UK time.

sorry about the CRs I’ll try to remember

Isn't this the same set of faults that the other post is talking about, the one that has sound but no motion. It is awfully similar. Now I know Fishy you said the new software would probably fix it, but why did the so called experts not tell the guy earlier and more importantly why didn't Hornby. His loco went back for repair because of the issue. It wasted his time and more importantly Hornby's. I don't mind doing checks to see if I can reproduce the fault, but it does not inspire confidence.

Isn't this the same set of faults that the other post is talking about, the one that has sound but no motion. It is awfully similar. Now I know Fishy you said the new software would probably fix it, but why did the so called experts not tell the guy earlier and more importantly why didn't Hornby.

Yes Colin, this does indeed sound like the same issue reported across a number of threads that seems to affect some users more than others.

As for ‘so-called experts’ - I refer you to some of my responses in many threads and in particular the one I made to this OP on 21/9.

Actually SteveM6 no it wasn't meant for you, in a funny sort of way you have educated me in a lot of things and by your odd comment I have managed to figure out why Hornby have done things the way they do. By experts probably I mean Hornby, lets face it he returned the loco to them, it is not like at a large firm where most people don't know what other people are working on. Looking at a a lot of the posts it appears many of then are related to the same fault, so perhaps just a "yes we know about that one and are working on it" response would solve all the aggro. Anyway I am glad you managed to join the dots and come to the same conclusion.

I wish a few more would join the dots Colin.

Almost without exception the issues reported already have answers and solutions posted multiple times, either as stickies or regular posts. The ‘dots’ are there but some fail to see the commonalities that join them together - assuming they have bothered to do some research in the first place. I’m not having a pop at you either!

My biggest gripe is triggered when a new user doesn’t read the instructions before randomly pressing buttons and then blaming Hornby.

I’ve said it before and will doubtless say it again, read and follow the instructions and use approved power supplies and many of the self inflicted problems will not show themselves. Any issues after that and we are here to help.

As to the topic title…

The updated profile for KC3rd Class 66 Coronation has been released to the app and incorporates static charging for the PB along with bug fixes. Owners of the factory fit profile are recommended to update to the v1.

Users will be able to look in the Profiles screen and see v1/v2 in the profile name. Clicking on a profile will confirm the version.

Feedback on the bug fixes would be appreciated.

Just a simple question as each one of these profiles is updated, is there a part number or software number that gets updated. I noticed on the information page of the app there was a ton of part numbers, so if lets say if I load a P2 profile with a new released version do those numbers get updated? Long term you could check the part number in the profile library with what you have loaded and work out whether you need to update it. Perhaps you can do it already I must admit I haven't checked, but it is a way to know whether you have the latest release.

I could be wrong because I've not yet experienced it, but doesn't the App alert you when there is an updated profile?

At present it doesn't flag up a sound profile update is available; you have to go look at the profile listing on screen and decide to do it. The app will be slicked up to do that for you eventually as it already does for firmware updates.

All updated profiles are available on the live app.

There will be a pdf to download showing the latest state of play over on the documentation area, but these screen grabs will help for now and please note the release notes which will clarify why some are v1 and most are v2 but with the same functionality.

forum_image_6511b3df09739.thumb.png.ea7f30f303cf0f6e4b2ae765bab9bd9a.png

forum_image_6511b3e1e9018.thumb.png.d7fa65da67ac3931d035b4939138cad2.png

forum_image_6511b3e52d9b3.thumb.png.3d80e8e2150dd9bf8e4967a7934b5ce6.png

forum_image_6511b3e861cf6.thumb.png.47bd4696e6a8c316525dd1f3840144a5.png

De-coupling is now called Creep Mode as the variables are creep speed and creep duration.

F15 is a Triple Pump. Don’t ask as I don’t know.

If you go into Loco Settings and select the Functions tab you can select and rename any function as well as pick a more suitable icon for it.

The Class 43 Valenta v2.1 profile isn't loading. It gets half way through then the app just quits.

There is an error message that pops up very quickly then disappears just before the app quits, so I video recorded it and it says 'block_error - Block 240 Failed! the decoder took too long to respond. Please power cycle the loco and try again'. I've repeated it 6 times on 2 different decoders. I'm now left with 2 unusable decoders! I'll contact Hornby customer service in the morning and see what they say.

I loaded both HST files several times yesterday and they gave no trouble. I would suggest you look at the troubleshooting guide as I would think you have a glitch in your setup.

To point the finger firmly at the HST file try to download a different one, if that fails then it may be your internet or track power.

What is your track power supply?

Thanks for the reply RAF96. I have 4 of the HM-7000 8-pin sound decoders already and had no issue loading them up using the ESU decoder tester and a SPROG II as the power supply until the release of the v2.1 sound profiles. My track layout is powered by the e-Link and the Hornby 4A PSU using RailMaster. I'm going to try it again using my old Bachmann EZ Command as the power supply for the ESU tester.