Locomotion Motion YouTube

Peachy

Not a YouTuber I’d previously heard of… apparently wasted no time on actual thought or research before posting a video… possibly watched Sam’s first?

Don’t think I’ll bother trying to remember the name. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

I don't get why people are negative towards it. TT:120 has got me into the hobby. Without it, I probably wouldn't have bothered but it's made it accessible and possible for me. Think they miss that. When I was in the shop at Margate a couple of weeks ago, a young teenager bought The Scotsman set to start off in the hobby too and there was a lot of people looking at TT and talking about it. 

• Like 3

BTW, if you did want to watch this stuff, use Brave browser as it blocks all the advert videos and therefore one of the income streams, if you’re that way inclined 🤐

• Like 1

It’s what triggers the algorithm. It makes sense to target popular areas of interest (in this case TT:120) because it will draw a bigger response and probably rumble on for a lot longer. Some YouTubers are clearly after the £ and some just want to be a big noise… rather than inflate their egos further ignore them and block their content. 
Don’t Feed The Troll (s)! 
I blocked Charlie Bishop after his angry little man bile letting towards TT:120; Sam’s Trains after the HM DCC debacle and Locomotion Motion after the appalling behaviour towards the people at Bachmann. I don’t feel I have missed out on anything valuable 😁

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Peachy said:

@96RAF

is there a way I can edit the title? 

@Peachy Rob has asked me to intervene. I'm pretty sure this facility is available to all members so give this a try. It works on a W11 laptop but not on an iPad.

Go to the top of the thread and left click and hold on the title. After a few seconds you should see an editing window. Adjust the wording as required and click somewhere off the edit window.

If that does not work come back and one of us will do it.

R-

• Like 1

There’s no such thing as bad publicity as it’s the oxygen for their social media life support. I agree that the success of Hornby TT 120 provides more oxygen to their income streams, be it fair or unfair coverage. Rank amateurs, chancers and grifters  pop up all over the place and are not exclusive to YT. 

• Like 2

I've absolutely no time for YouTuber's like him. It's a great place if you stick to the nice channels, but there's so many clickbate trend chasing negativity driven trolls. Watching things like Mouldy Rasberry's channel, which is mostly just footage of his beautiful layout, was one of the things that got me into wanting to get back into model railways. The likes of this Locomotion Motion guy would quickly suck all the joy out of the hobby if I gave them any of my time.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, RB51 said:

.......Go to the top of the thread and left click and hold on the title. After a few seconds you should see an editing window. Adjust the wording as required and click somewhere off the edit window.......

FYI, i just tried this on one of my recent threads but couldn't get it to work (W11, Chrome / Firefox / Edge).

• Thanks 1

• RB51 changed the title to Locomotion Motion YouTube
4 hours ago, SMR248 said:

I'd assumed it was a place name or an engineering term.  If it got through the profanity filter it must be ok?

It passed muster as it is 2 acceptable words.