Signing in every time, why

Hello, been on 4 times today. Despite ticking keep me logged in box, I am being told I must sign in. Won’t take much more of this, not wanting to bother. Please fix.

I never had this issue either, but first thing you should check is, if your browser is set to delete history, password etc etc every hour. Some browser allow that setting which may be the reason you have to sign in every time.

It is random sometimes you do sometimes not. There is a bug or perhaps lets call it a feature. If you are at the top menu it doesn't recognise you as logged on. When you get the forum topics it magically does. So is it that you see that you are not logged on at the top menu and always do it before reaching the forums? 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, ColinB said:

It is random sometimes you do sometimes not. There is a bug or perhaps lets call it a feature. If you are at the top menu it doesn't recognise you as logged on. When you get the forum topics it magically does. So is it that you see that you are not logged on at the top menu and always do it before reaching the forums? 

I never have to sign in, in the forum when I need to respond or reply or start new Topic. But if I click on, shop at the top of the forum to buy something or check my account, that's where, I will always have to sign in even if I am opening the shop web page, from forum where I am already signed in.

Edited by Deem

18 minutes ago, Deem said:

I never have to sign in, in the forum when I need to respond or reply or start new Topic. But if I click on, shop at the top of the forum to buy something or check my account, that's where, I will always have to sign in even if I am opening the shop web page, from forum where I am already signed in.

Yes, sounds like the same.

That sounds like it's related to the fact that the forum account is different from the main Hornby account since the forum update. So if you go to shop you are being logged out of the forum and therefore have to log in again when you return to the forum.

25 minutes ago, Brew Man said:

That sounds like it's related to the fact that the forum account is different from the main Hornby account since the forum update. So if you go to shop you are being logged out of the forum and therefore have to log in again when you return to the forum.

Partially correct, your assumption is correct. Forum is on different server or account and main shop is on another server or account.

I have to log in when I want to check something in the shop or buy some thing, even I am coming from forum where I am already signed in. I never get signed out of the forum because even I close the shop web page or click on sign out I still remained signed in Forum. So in this case it feel that Forum and shop are on 2 different URL or accounts.

2 hours ago, Yelrow said:

Hello, been on 4 times today. Despite ticking keep me logged in box, I am being told I must sign in. Won’t take much more of this, not wanting to bother. Please fix.

I would check the history setting to see if, that have been set up to delete everything. Before I would ask Hornby to look into this issue, if it was hornby related issue then we all had to sign in every time we come back.

@Yelrow as the others have said, it's most likely a cookie setting in your browser.  My forum login has remained signed in for some time now on all 3 of the computers I use, on Chrome or Edge browser.  I expect the session to timeout occasionally if there's an upgrade to the forum.   
My shop account behaves differently and requires login but it's saved in the browser so no problem.

Trying to fix a glitch on my box of electronic junk yesterday I came across that " clear all history and cookies on shutting down the browser (Firefox) Also I found out that some banned domains and senders were attaching the Gmail to their info and no mail was getting to me from Google. Finding the problem took nearly 3 hours and eventually via my Iphone

Edited by VESPA

22 hours ago, ntpntpntp said:

@Yelrow as the others have said, it's most likely a cookie setting in your browser.  My forum login has remained signed in for some time now on all 3 of the computers I use, on Chrome or Edge browser.  I expect the session to timeout occasionally if there's an upgrade to the forum.   
My shop account behaves differently and requires login but it's saved in the browser so no problem.

John has French Windows which has proven in the past to be a tad different to ROW Windozy.

I only appear signed out when I'm logged out of my laptop, approximately once a week, set by our company, but I've clicked the 'remember me' button and simply have to click 'sign in' that's all.

Al.

2 hours ago, atom3624 said:

I only appear signed out when I'm logged out of my laptop, approximately once a week, set by our company, but I've clicked the 'remember me' button and simply have to click 'sign in' that's all.

Al.

Even when I shut down my laptop, using Firefox I don't need to sign in, in the forum but shop is different story. I hope that is helpful.

Does anyone else have the same problem, i.e. being logged out when pressing a particular link. If so what device, operating platform, which link, etc. If it is widespread and reproducable it can be fixed, but if a one off then it has to be a set-up problem at the user end.