State of Outstanding Pre-orders for TT:120

8 hours ago, Kenneth-365689 said:

On the bright side, your saving a fortune on 'green ink' 

8 hours ago, Tim Allen said:

Spending a fortune on the red though

I wish I could see the difference! Red/Green colourblindness is quite common in the male of the species. :classic_sad:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andrew-372848 said:

I wish I could see the difference! Red/Green colourblindness is quite common in the male of the species. :classic_sad:

For the next one I'll drop the colour and just put (DELAYED) or (ON TIME) at the side of the date. Well I'll put (DELAYED) a lot.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Whilst the DCC era 5 Coronation class has moved to Early September if you look closer it is simply a change of date from Friday 30th August to Monday 2nd September. This the same date as quoted for the Era 4 and I think there is a high probability that both versions are arriving in the same container. It makes sense that both versions now have the same date and given that the date change was so small hopefully Monday is the real date based on up to date shipping information 😀

47 minutes ago, PeterM67 said:

Whilst the DCC era 5 Coronation class has moved to Early September if you look closer it is simply a change of date from Friday 30th August to Monday 2nd September. This the same date as quoted for the Era 4 and I think there is a high probability that both versions are arriving in the same container. It makes sense that both versions now have the same date and given that the date change was so small hopefully Monday is the real date based on up to date shipping information 😀

How the releases have gone recently I think we're looking at Tues or Wed for it to be buy now and orders to be shipped... if its accurate that is.

Edited by Tim Allen

7 hours ago, Tim Allen said:

For the next one I'll drop the colour and just put (DELAYED) or (ON TIME) at the side of the date. Well I'll put (DELAYED) a lot.

Ok thanks, but it’s no big deal really, just an observation. 🙂 When I was a lad, I had an interview with the then GPO Telephones for a trainee engineer post. I was presented with a bundle of multi-coloured cable and asked to match them up. It was at that point that I realised the job was not for me! I’m ok with traffic lights though - unless they turn them upside down. 🫣

• Like 1

And finally…

Princess Coronation era 5 Duchess of Abercorn DCC is available and can be crossed off the list. 
Next we have the countdown to Class 66 & J50s being released and Class 37s & 31s going on pre-order. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, StuLarge said:

🫣 don't look at the credit card don't look at the credit card 😬

Fortunately the wife's cat needed some expensive veterinary treatment in the same month that I made a few "purchases".  So she wasn't too surprised at the big credit card bill.  😄

• Haha 4

Updated 6/9/24 - Class 66 brought forward although DCC version still delayed. Subject to change and normally will.

Due This Month

• Class 66 All Liveries DC Era11 – Mid September 2024 (ON TIME)
  • 12T Tank Wagons (BP & Benzol) – Late September 2024 (DELAYED)
  • TOUAX Container Wagon 45’ All Liveries – Mid September (ON TIME)
  • HM7000-N18 18 Pin BT & DCC No Sound (R7401) Late September 2024 (ON TIME)

Train Sets

• Intercity 125  DC & DCC – Mid November 2024 (ON TIME)

Locomotives

• Class 66 All Liveries DC Era11 – Mid September 2024 (ON TIME)
  • Class 66 All Liveries DCC Era11 – Mid November 2024 (DELAYED)
  • J50 Class 0-6-0T Era 3, 4 & 5 – Late December 2024 (DELAYED)
  • BR Class 08 0-6-0 Era 5 – Late November 2024 (ON TIME)
  • Class 50 GBRf DC Era 11 – Late May 2025 (DELAYED)

Wagons & Coaches

• 12T Tank Wagons (BP & Benzol) – Late September 2024 (DELAYED)
  • TOUAX Container Wagon 45’ All Liveries – Mid September (ON TIME)
  • Pullman 1st Class – Late December 2024 (DELAYED)
  • BR Mk2E Coaches era 7&8 – Late May 2025 (DELAYED)
  • 21T Mineral Wagons – Late May 2025 (DELAYED)

Track Side

• Level Crossing – Early January 2025 (DELAYED)
  • Signals – Early April 2025 (DELAYED)

HM7000 Decoders

• HM7000-6 6 Pin BT & DCC No Sound (R7321) Late September 2025 (DELAYED)
  • HM7000-N18 18 Pin BT & DCC No Sound (R7401) Late September 2024 (ON TIME)

Edited by Tim Allen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

One item on there should, IMO, be dropped completely, the level crossing. It looks like something from Play Trains. It’s so at odds with everything else that TT:120 is achieving in the hobby. At least the massive base on the signals can be buried in ballast. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Irishmail said:

Looks like a departure board with the 'delayed/ on time' notes. 

One question, the HST set and the 08  showing as on time, are they not delayed as I thought originally they were due sometime in October?   

They’re on time for the current ETA. Things have changed so much I’ve lost track so it’s just a fun way of seeing if something has been put back or brought forward. 

I can see how that state has come to pass for your compilation @Tim Allen How about you just provide an ETA with a catch all qualifier at the bottom saying ‘at time of writing’ and the date.
Whether an item is delayed (underwhelmed) ) or early (overwhelmed) or on time with original forecast (whelmed) 😀 

• Haha 1

I too preferred the colours as I can better understand the status that way. It’s still a fab resource @Tim Allen so thank you. 

As for the level crossing, I can’t make my mind up. What I can’t understand is the increasing delays for it, I would have imagined it would not be a complex item to manufacture 

1 hour ago, Silver Fox 17 said:

I preferred it as original in black, red and green with accompanying description but we are all different.

Tim Allen still can mix it. But not this way:

image.png.99b9538595947c73f3c0ee31c89b3ce4.png

Edited by Ilmson

My time may come to an end this afternoon. I'm currently wondering how I'll smuggle the 2 DCC Duchesses that DPD are planning to deliver in the next 40 mins into the house without being caught 🤣

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Martin-369195 said:

@Tim Allen How are you collecting this data?

I'm assuming it is from the metadata that is contained in the Javascript(?) source code for the shop pages.

The following screen snip is for the green Class 08 - product:availability_date is the line to look for on line 42 (line numbers are on the left) and the date is "2024-11-19":

2024-09-07115240.png.ce4417fd4c0519da7bf7c4040d45d57f.png

To find this information on a Windows pc just open one of the shop pages for any item in the shop and type <Ctrl-U> (hold down the <Ctrl> key and press the 'U' key) and the source code will open in a separate tab. That is for Chrome but I think all browsers are the same.

For Chrome on Android type "view-source:" (without the quotes) before the page url in the address bar like this (I think this will work for other browsers and I guess Apple may be the same):

view-source:https://uk.hornby.com/products/br-class-08-0-6-0-d3986-era-5-tt3028m

There may be easier ways to do it but these work for me. I guess really clever people can automate the process but that's beyond my (limited) abilities!