TT120 Resource Hub

GMD

The microwave transmitter on Telegraph Hill in High Fell is maintained from a mess hut by MS Models. It’s uncannily like the actual huts used at transmitter stations. Nice models 👍

Edited by Rallymatt
  • Like 2

I’m happy to add these in if not already in the list:

https://www.tt-120.com - I have bought some great 3d printed buildings and the customer service from owner Shawn is awesome

www.iso-models.co.uk - I have a number of assets on order with Les, which may take some time as he is a hobbyist model maker but the quality looks outstanding - his website needs a bit of an update as he has moved on somewhat from the items on his website. Check out his Facebook pages for 3d printed models such as below, which are available as either an unpainted and unfinished kit of parts, or as a completed and painted model 

IMG_1286.jpeg

• Like 3

@ukpetey

I like that each stone has its own individual color, but also that you can see the layers in some of them, as is often the case with sedimentary rock.

It is very laborious to paint each stone.

The only thing that could have been a little greyer is the mortar.

• Like 1

Evening all

This has been very helpful indeed. I may try and rearrange the site based on the ample feedback that has been given. It may take a little longer to get it live but hopefully it will be much more ‘future-proof’ if everything is available and the categories are able to accommodate more manufacturers in the future. 
Im away this week but will get onto it when I return. 

• Like 5

Have you included Gaugemaster?  I think that most of their own label products are made by some of the well known German manufacturers but should work out slightly cheaper and perhaps easier to get hold of...

• Thanks 1

@david_watts1 No, sorry not yet. This has helped me glean info and I will need to add quite a bit of new links. Just getting back from a few weeks break tomorrow. It’ll take me another week maybe two to get it live. I’ll pop an update on here once it’s ready. Huge thanks to everyone for the interest and suggestions. I hope it proves useful to the wider community in TT120. 

• Like 3

The coreless motor is under test as @Dodge1965 says and has clocked a lot of hours with no drop in performance. I have a some of the lighting kits too. The principal of the driveshafts is based on excellent engineering principles and a set will be fitted to test and video done and an explanation to why the shafts pop out.  It’s not what you think. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just an update for folks - I appreciate your patience. I am now back at it and putting together the updated site - in fact it's been entirely reworked. Hopefully live next week. Or "Soon" TM...😁

• Like 6