Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Sorry you don't win that point. Bach was only her stage name.

It is a very interesting story. It is particularly significant in that the North East was way out in front of electrical progress, William Armstrong at Cragside, Charles Merz, Charles Parsons, Vincent Raven, just to name a few.

Did you know that they privately built the first electrical supply 'Grid' which became the model for the power distribution system the whole of Britain has today.

My latest is in common with quite a few around here but boring just the same - RM ProPack. 

For those of you on General to whom the RM forum is as friendly and understandable as life on Mars, you have never seen so much fuss from whinges that a substantial upgrade to the product has in fact been a backward step. While some of the issues are legitimate of course, many are of the user's own making. And all the while the RM Support team are working literally 24/7 to provide answers on the forum, answer direct emails from users, log into their systems to fix problems and update the software to fix the inevitable bugs. Fantastic service, and with a smile. 

An interesting visit to The Gateshead Toy Fair yesterday.

Purchases included a pair of Hornby 'O' Clockwork 0-4-0T. Pre-War LNER 623 and Post-War BR 82011 both with good mechanisms, the No. 40 had a very good body as well.

Also bought a 1960s Scalextric Lotus racing car, a SPOT-ON Morris Bullnose, (both boxed), a Triang 'Hiawatha' , a mint boxed Triang TT 'Jinty' and a box of  TT type B straight rails.

I was on the look out for more Triang and Minic toys including clockwork ships and cars but didn't find any, York toy fair is next Sunday so I may be lucky.

For Xmas a Railroad Duke of Gloucester.

For my birthday next month a maroon inspection saloon and a BG mark 1 in maroon. Plus - for now a Corrdor Brake Second  MK 1 in maroon. 

Not just sure why I need any more coaches really - I am sure I promised myself I would not by anymore. .   

Just had an email notification from MRD in Bristol, that my order has been picked - will normally get a further email to say it's been shipped - but what!! This will be the third this month - could be the 2-HAL in BR Green. I think Simon Kohler said at the beginning of the year, that it was Hornby's aim to get everything announced in 2014, delivered in 2014 - I'm getting worried that he might be right.

My latest loco purchase has been the long awaited LNER P2 2-8-2 Cock of The North.

This a very good looking model and is very good a pulling 10 LNER TEAK COACHES WITH NO WHEEL SLIP. I am very pleased with it. The only thing I dont like is the new motor fitted. It not a resposive as the old one in the A3's and A4's. It needs more power to set off and then it ok. It is not affected by solo operation or pulling coaches.

Not Hornby as such although they are soon to release the N2 mentioned here.

My latest aqcuisition is a holiday lodge in Norfolk UK that has the MNR line passing 50m from my front veranda - bliss over the summer watching steam N2 #1744, and diesel Classes 33, 47, 56 and 73 hauling passenger stock past several times a day, whilst I tackled the odd pint or two to ward off the summer sun.

Ordered TTS Duke back in May, received email from supplier in July advising delivery due w/c 15 Sept.  As nothing received, contacted supplier who advised they had run out of stock and hoped they would get some more 'soon'. Blasted shame, as this was a gift for a significant birthday.  Only wish they hadn't emailed me with a projected date, as the family have been waiting to give this gift.  I know that supplies don't always match the quantities ordered by the retailer, but very disappointing and a bit of a let-down, they could have advised me last week this info rather than wait for me to chase.

Hi WTD,

No, I didn't notify them of that, but since posting my comment (around 15 mins ago) I have received an email telling me they have now processed my order on a 2 day delivery!  That'll teach me for griping, but delighted and restored the faith☺️  I was reluctant to moan, as I have a great regard for Hornby, but just had a momentary lapse!  Anyway, I hope yours will now arrive promptly