Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

My 3 latest models are two Peppercorn Class A1s TTS versions both renamed . One of the Hornby Class A1s i had renamed 60122 Curlew in Express Blue . I was due out in another brand but i wanted it to be a Hornby TTS version . The second Hornby Class A1 is renamed Lincoln Express both where produced for me by T.M.C. The third Hornby model is a Class A4 Bittern in Brunswick Green that was renamed for me by Asire Models .

The Postman has just delivered my new Ivatt C1 Atlantic in LNER green  and now I am a happy bunny and am testing it on my Hornby rolling road. The Model is from the Nrm Collection made by the blue box company. I have made the suggestion to Hornby for a number of years and it seems they let the competition do it. My only other recent buy was D11 LNER black 4-4-0. I am hoping that the new B12 and renumber B17 will be available soon.  My model of Sandringham 2800 LNER B17 has had to go back to Hornby for repairs to the valve gear. So I have not been very happy with my model railway. So today I can have some fun and will soon be a happy bunny again.

Popped into Newport town centre today and saw our Hawkins Bizarre is closing down as it was an Xmas Store. Managed to pick up a Railroad Tornado for just £40! They also have a Bagnall Shunter for £15 and a Flying Scotsman for £40.

My local second hand shop on the other hand had a BR green tornado from the trainset, unboxed for just £85! 

Whilst visiting my daughter in Horley, stumbled across a lovely book/model shop.  Couldn't resist the temptation, had a good browse.  Only ended up with 1 item, a 'Oxford' 7-planker, nice model for the price.  Was able to compare Bachmann, Hornby and this as they were all displayed next to each other, and to be honest, the only real difference seemed to be the price!.  The shop was a real treat, I would have to travel out of the London area to Kings Langley (from Harrow) to find something similar.

Just bought 4 Bachmann BR MK1's  & 5 bachmann Portholes along with a 12wheeler restaurant. . That's one express sorted. Next well be a Hornbys 8 MK1's for a second expess and two Hornbys Brack Pullman coaches to finish of the Pullman MK1'S  train for my A1 Great Eastern. Just goods wagons from then on.

/media/tinymce_upload/d06bc3913408ae3c7e23921574941751.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/20b3b4062bc33fb549e8fcfe3d134601.JPG/media/tinymce_upload/13b90a8324c142177dc12de23adf601d.JPG My 3 latest models are two Peppercorn Class A1s TTS versions both renamed . One of the Hornby Class A1s i had renamed 60122 Curlew in Express Blue . I was due out in another brand but i wanted it to be a Hornby TTS version . The second Hornby Class A1 is renamed Lincoln Express both where produced for me by T.M.C. The third Hornby model is a Class A4 Bittern in Brunswick Green that was renamed for me by Asire Models .

They certanly seem to be - very crisp mouldings, and equally crisp lettering. I've not run them yet, but they will fit right in with my theme of -  'a disused coalmine rail yard' - that has been turned into a preserved way, almost in my back yard. (I've mentioned it before, mostly in the 'show us' thread). I have a lot more private owner four-wheelers from Dapol, made in very short runs of 100, for a mining museum near me. The museum is working through all the P.O. wagons they can find from mines in the area, (there were many!) and now and then guesstimating what the colours were - (mostly filthy!) based on ratty old black and white photo's and memory.

I fancy those Wigan based wagons too. They do seem excellent for the money. My latest is, a Hornby catalogue, the 2016 handbook and I am contemplating a J50 with 3 Blue Spot fish vans in blue. I am still painting and assembling the Big Boy loco.

I recently nabbed a Hornby Schools class off ebay that had been converted by some company who's name escapes me at the moment to Wartime Black, replacing my bright green Stowe with it as it is a little more era appropriate (1943).  I'd keep both but I'm not that interested in having multiple engines of the same type all the time my layout is as small as it is... 

They're great value aren't they 2e0. 

I think they are really nice and good value too,I've collected the first twelve of the seven plank wagons so far and intend to continue ,I've no intention of running them just want to collect them ,one of each ,,,,,,

Just 'won' four Hornby Dublo 3 rail locos. A 'Mallard', a Co-Bo, an N2 and yet another BR 4MT 2-6-4T in an auction. All tested and after a little lubrication run fine.  Co-Bo was a bit noisy at first but perfect after a drop of oil. There is a Toy Fair in York this Sunday .............................