Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

I know this won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but just got this, I already had the goods set. I really like the artwork on these sets, just as I like the artwork on the Tri-ang/Hornby picture boxes. Quite why they chose Euston as the name for this set I don’t know, i thought the D6100s operated on the Eastern region in London before they were banished to Scotland. I could be wrong, 

Anyway I didn’t pay very muchfor it. I think the loco is original and in very good condition. However, the loco and coaches are a mish-mash as they have different couplings. I am sure this set with this artwork should have everything with the PECO type couplings. The Lanal type were earlier and the box sets were different. Again, I may be wrong on that but have never seen them in this set range before. 

The coaches look new, not bad since they are 50+ years old. I have the track parts to make the set complete and hopefully can repair the box. One thing I can’t get across with the pictures is the smell. The Playcraft locos have a very distinct smell about them which must be the lubricants used. It is not unpleasant at all. 

/media/tinymce_upload/5af1b2a561ef233ad3dfa4f22e9e90d1.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/f05dfbc29f0b34e70df2d7049648dec4.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/79d1892a8326a3a50d734ebcdd3fc408.jpg

Here's two of my latest acquisitions;

They are the"personal message from Bernard Cribbins",for all new Hornby train set owner's,and,

The town and country model kit of the Hornby factory and warehouse,we've been after one of these kits for ages.

I've posted pictures,which will hopefully follow in due course.

Once serviced your SNG may need re-magnetising I suspect ...

Nice model.

Al.

Hi will have to look at that

just wondering what coaches to use already 

got maroon and cream coaches will teak coaches 

be ok SNG his in LNER garter blue

neil

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have  just received two 59' Bulleid brake seconds, and the latest H 31265 . Excellent models. I am still waiting for the composite coach.

The H class packaging has the same issue as the Club exclusive version, impossible to open. See Club forum.

Bluebell Railway SECR, H Class, 0-4-4T, No263

26 years ago, my 40th birthday present was to spend a week Driving and Firing this loco, so was very pleased to be able to have this beauty on my layout to remember that great week. Well done Hornby, it could not have been an easy livery to do but you have done a great job of it and Ive been able to put a DCC chip in her and she looks and runs flawlessly/media/tinymce_upload/6666c26a171cedee77854f00aea0fa64.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/51011242e4b36f6da9ac6fc1c747a13d.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/3e1e76b64b10ee95ce679cdf8b618c68.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/e0fe48ebf98c57414a46e1b59003018d.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/2d691a500a83af63c6f9176a4786f336.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/a937a20bc02c8d6b1029ba80e13e5aad.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/d96ae3bcde41160d8a8b9fb83f1cb0b2.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/509b5f0770089eb46daddc9216669bba.jpg

Bluebell Railway SECR, H Class, 0-4-4T, No263

26 years ago, my 40th birthday present was to spend a week Driving and Firing this loco, so was very pleased to be able to have this beauty on my layout to remember that great week. Well done Hornby, it could not have been an easy livery to do but you have done a great job of it and Ive been able to put a DCC chip in her and she looks and runs flawlessly

Loving all of the little details with the paint - looks a nice little locomotive.

Always curious why they even bothered with 4 wheels on a bogie that small - must have been the weight limit / loading gauge.

Al.

Photos to follow, but long story short, I've now just received a Dapol TPE Class 68.

They're like hen's teeth at the moment, as Accurascale will be introducing TPE Mk.5 coaches, so every man and his dog purchased the TPE 68!!

I had to go for the DCC one, and had been trying to confirm which blanking plate to use ... wanting to avoid anything unnecessarily extortionate - whilst I admit the amount of electronics requires the correct item.

Perusing the internet I managed to find a 21-pin plate which appears identical to that used by Dapol.

Locomotive 'won' on Saturday, actually arrived today - Rails - and actually contains a blanking plate anyway, which is identical to the one I'd ordered anyway - one to another locomotive ... excellent!!

Al.

68 019 Brutus - photo.

Fantastic-looking locomotive and livery - very striking!!

Yes, I have ordered the Accurascale coaches to go with it ... due early next year.

/media/tinymce_upload/474abf090fbedc41529d7990e81a0ec1.jpg

Al.

Hi Gordon, Have you got the Ltd. Ed. muddy Thomas.Could I ask where you found it? Well done Gordon.

Thank you and sorry for the late reply.  😀

I have the limited edition muddy version, had it many years. I have the limited edition of 500 pristine Thomas models, with the puffed out / tired face, as the Thomas in the R9260 Thomas & The Great Discovery Train Set has. I believe you have three of them?

I bought it off eBay a few months back, at great cost. It was the only Thomas I needed to complete my Hornby Thomas loco collection, so I may as well had bought it as found it. It’s boxed with very little damage to the box and the locomotice is undamaged too.

GNR-Gordon-4 (HF)