Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

my first train in over 40 years,it is the  Hornby railroad R3393TTS,track and controller should be with me early next week,cant wait to get started

i am basically doing the track mat layout,not the midi trackmat,and i am stretching the trackmat layout by an extra 4 feet,so the layout will be 10 feet x 4 feet

my first train in over 40 years,it is the  Hornby railroad R3393TTS,track and controller should be with me early next week,cant wait to get started

i am basically doing the track mat layout,not the midi trackmat,and i am stretching the trackmat layout by an extra 4 feet,so the layout will be 10 feet x 4 feet

dcc layout run by a hornby select controller

Well done Hornby, Arnold Brighton Belle ordered Easter Sunday arrived and brought to the hospital by my lovely lady. Cheered up my morning unpacking it and the other items onto the hospital bed. Incentive to go home to run it in after watching that YouTube video on how to easily put it together.

Now then, I have just taken delivery of the full 5 car Brighton Belle, in 00, so have both gauges. Its magnificent, more so, as only paid £75, for power set, and got 3 for price of 2  coaches.  Coupling is the interesting bit. With N Gauge, you lay it down, next to track, couple it, then put on track. Easy.  Not so simple with 00, as you need a long run of track, plus more hands, than the lord gave you.. I  developed a system using a track rubber to support under the couplings, so they will join on track. By moving the rubber from coach to coach, hey presto. What a superb running set, moves with a sort of a swish. Its a yes from me. john

Evening all and greetings from Dorset, yesterday i received the excellent r3388tts loco and today the r3490 railroad class o8 loco,both excellent locos and very quick delivery from the Hornby on line shop,both within 3 days of ordering. Well done Hornby,well pleased.Thankyou.

• 2 weeks later...

A second hand triang track cleaning wagon and some new pads and a Triang GWR clearsory which someone has painted in the droplights maroon and the raise mouldings black.

Once I've replaced the bogies with my own 3d printed dean bogies and fitted it with a 3d printed interior it will look just the part.

A blue Triang Deisel shunter body. Just need the body fixing bracket and a brass wormed X04 to restore the loco.

The motor i had fitted is in good working order but is an MRRC 5 pole replacement which I would like to use elsewhere. 

It's finally arrived. The Roco DB br111/media/tinymce_upload/3bcae88b596ff8f1aa8f11c570cd02ec.jpg  And remembering it's from the early 1990's it's a very fine model.  And still holds up very well compared to today's models.  Here's a pic 

Great Western Branch Line Termini Vol.1 by Paul Karau.

Saw before I bought on-line that it had pics of stations and one or two track diagrams but was bowled over by scale drawings of buildings at each of the five locations: Fairford; Lambourn; Tetbury; Wallingford and Watlington./media/tinymce_upload/109a134ba49e288b62400f6cff674307.jpg

Hi Choralc 

Nice book, another book I would suggest to you is A historical Survey of Great Western Engine Sheds 1947 by E Lyons it covers all the loco sheds on the Great Western , From Old Oak with its 232 locos to the Much Wenlock with its two locos.

I just nabbed a T9 no. 314 in Sunshine livery off ebay for £65 mint in box, it must have sneaked under the radar because I rarely see them go for less than £80, I knew if I waited patiently I'd eventually be able to grab a bargain! It's gonna look good weathered up on an ambulance / troop train!