Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Just unpacked my Huntley and Palmers Peckett. Wow just about sums it up. The detail is incredible. I'm going to permanently attach a wagon with extra pickups if I can find a way to route the wires.

Now waiting for my 'Dodo' which has not yet been despatched although I have had the advice stating it is in the warehouse. I hope it will arrive by Friday.

Just received DODO All I need to do is find the spare 4 pin decoder I set aside for it. The front coupling & socket rattling around in box, but this has pushed back in and seems secure. Just wished I'd read the DCC fitting instructions first as I will need to take it out again to access the body screw!

I have just received the new Hornby B13 loco. It has been well worth the wait. Just finished running the motor in and now to fit the vacum pipes etc then the lamps. I will enjoy my Xmas running my new B12 together with my new B17 and D16 Claud Hamilton.  I must congratulate Hornby on the very best model so far brilliant detail on the B12 and smooth runner. Thank you Hornby.

I do find it rather sad that by far the most read and contributed to topic on these forums is the "look at what I've got" one. It reminds me of being back at primary school in January when everyone spent the first morning boasting about what they'd got for Christmas.

It's very symptomatic of human nature but, as I've said, I find it rather sad.

It is Human Nature. You'll probably have to wait a few million years for it to change - if they've read your post!

PP that is all and exactly what it is !!

DANGER THIS POST WILL TRY AND EXPLAIN SOMETHING. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT LOOK AWAY NOW! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

THE DODO

The Dodo, or Raphus cucullatus, was a large, now extinct, flightless bird of the family Columbidae which lived solely on the island of Mauritius in the Indian Ocean.  They were hunted for food by Dutch mariners  during the 16th and early 17th Century, and the last reported sighting was before 1674. Live specimens had been taken to Europe for study earlier in the Century but no breeding pairs survived.  Skeletons were recovered in 1865, at least five sets of bones are thought still to exist, but none complete. It was a ground nesting bird of course and it is thought that rats introduced from ships mooring off the island, attacked and destroyed the remaining eggs, causing the extinction.

This is a contemporary artist's impression. No photographs exist.

/media/tinymce_upload/2f3436bdda94b920c8a0e8274b007be4.jpg

Just unpacked my Huntley and Palmers Peckett. Wow just about sums it up. The detail is incredible. I'm going to permanently attach a wagon with extra pickups if I can find a way to route the wires.

Just remember you can't eat it 😆

regards John

My latest railway acquistions are, this beauty (B12) and another Class 71

/media/tinymce_upload/0a45108365df83931f98312d01e9baeb.jpg

And the last arrival before Christmas is the mighty Airfix 1:24th Scale Hawker Typhoon - my brain is pooling around my feet after reading the instruction book....

/media/tinymce_upload/6931a2c309173b726a1c0a0dc8a54880.jpg

I think I need a bigger workbench...

Just remember you can't eat it 😆

regards John

I agree; the Huntley and Palmers Peckett is outstanding, with a wonderful livery application too; I  regret that I didn't order Dodo too... What a fabulous model - well done Hornby!

My latest acquisition is the R3398 'Lyme Regis Branch Line' Train Pack which arrived yesterday. It's fantastic. The quality of the models, the packaging and presentation is first class. This is my ninth Adams 'Radial' having collected the Oxford Rail versions aswell as Hornby's and the plan is to collect the other 4 as they are released next year. I retire in 8 days time and I'm planning on fulfilling a lifetime's ambition to model Lyme Regis station where I lived as a child and as I remember it in the late 1950's up until closure in 1965. I can just remember travelling as a child with my parents behind  Adams 'Radial's and I've waited a lifetime for someone to produce r-t-r models of this beautiful little loco. This latest model looks fantastic and runs like a dream. I'm not a rivet counter - it looks right to me. Someone will probably find fault with it but I'm happy just to watch them pulling the rolling stock of the period. First job is to add a figure in the leading Lyme Regis coach of a little boy looking out of the window! 

Before I forget - thankyou Hornby staff for the excellent service you have given this year in quick and safe deliveries and a massive thankyou to whoever came up with introducing the 'Radial's into Hornby's range in 2016. THANKYOU.

/media/tinymce_upload/4d8bcc8ca6a9fc92701c0dc87ba97831.jpg

Hi WTD ,,,,Did you see a programme on tv just the other night about Victorian bakers ,part of the programme showed how Huntley and Palmers built there biscuit factory along side the railway and in the photos was the Peckett you have ,,,,,