Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

My lastest purchase is an Advanced Passenger Train set. I purchased my original one in 1980. This purchase is to enable me to run an 8 coach length APT, so, I am going to take the plung and cut and shut the coaches to make up the second class open coach which Hornby had planned to make in 1981, but which got cancelled because of the uncertain future of the real APT. I also want to add new motors, and LED lights.

I got mine from France via eBay. Thankfully I have just enough french with a little help from Google translate to be able to understand what I'm doing, though I did buy a tender drive version by accident last year!

I also have four others in varing states of repair. The best of these is in SNCF greet but has a step missing while the others have a range of defects but I hope to use one to replace the missing step and get at least one other going.

Just taken delivery of an unbuilt Kitmaster Stirling single with a few bits detached from the sprue and I think the transfers may have become damp so I should have no quarmes about building it once I've obtaind a set of wheels and a suitable power unit but that will be a long term project.

Last Sunday I bought a few items from the Monmouth model railway exhibition. 

I bought Smiths Crisps and Kitkat boxvans (always wanted them when I was little), a Dapol railbus kit, a Hornby Dublo sprung bufferstop, a Triang short TPO coach and Triang Hymek in BR Green. 

The Hymek belonged to one of the Barnhill MRC members and was being sold cheaply on a table behind their Kingsfield layout. A test run revealed it was a poor runner due to a broken bogie wheelset, so they swapped the wheels with those from a blue Hymek also being sold. It then purred round the Kingsfield layout almost as quietly as their usual high end locomotives!

The TPO is being converted to a 'neverwazza' sorting van by removing the TPO apparatus, blocking up the holes and adding a few small windows. 

I was expecting a small parcel from UK today with some electronics parts, but when I opened it this very nice tie pin/lapel badge was inside...

/media/tinymce_upload/283a6d6a0ec28e2dc37f98d4dbc7f3d2.JPG

There was no note enclosed, no return address and no indication of a postmark over the fortune in UK stamps to give me a clue from whence it came.

If it was sent by someone on this forum then I thank you very very much.

Rob

.... when I opened it this very nice tie pin/lapel badge was inside...

/media/tinymce_upload/283a6d6a0ec28e2dc37f98d4dbc7f3d2.JPG

If it was sent by someone on this forum then I thank you very very much.

After a bit of head scratching, who do I know with a 3-D printer (the box was printed) and also makes fine brass etchings - thank you Ken - much appreciated.

Rob

Ok it's a bit macabre, but an HO gauge Grim Reaper 😮. He'll ride "shotgun" on the OO Bachmann Nuclear Flask wagon I bought last weekend, both on eBay. Not that I'm making any comments one way or the other with regards to the "Nuclear" debate you understand. As it stands DRS run a semi regular service from Hartlepool Power Station to Calderhall/Seascale/Sellerfield with a flask wagon or two with Nuclear waste. The trains run Hartlepool-Sunderland-Felling [my local Metro station]-Gateshead-Hexham-Carlisle-Maryport-Whitehaven-Sellerfield.

Just taken delivery of a pre-ordered Hattons 48XX not sure of the number, it may be 4825 (Have to get my magnifyer to it!). Hope to test it early this week and allocate it's ID.

Sorry Hornby did not know about the re-released railroad 14 when I ordered.

It was my birthday recently and my parents bought me the 'Going Home' Train Pack (R3299). My LMS fleet is now four locomotives strong. 😀

http://i.imgur.com/Zpz1A9T.jpg

I fitted the front NEM coupling to Ayrshire Yeomanry. I'm also considering fitting the front steps to her, but I have a second radius inner oval, which might be too tight for steps, and I'm not sure if I'll need to use poly cement instead of PVA to fit them.

A Re-Magnetiser, - I should have had one YEARS ago!!

It had given a new lease of life to my Hornby Dublo R1.

What is the cost of a re-magnetiser?

They are not cheap. I got mine through membership of the HRCA so my price was a member's price,

They are not cheap. I got mine through membership of the HRCA so my price was a member's price,

Ask this guy direct as until 1 month ago was still active on utube.

ronaldaedodd@aol.com

Ask this guy direct as until 1 month ago was still active on utube.

ronaldaedodd@aol.com

Many thanks!