Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

Latest purchase, needs a motor! Transfers are original Tri-ang ones, but Jinty is a MK2 so something of a rarity. There is some movement in the early plastic causing transfer distortion but otherwise ok. Not bad for £2 as a non runner.

/media/tinymce_upload/164257046e519d8fb403a8a7b9476ccd.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/763fb9415b0828ca31e0d66e9b00fc2c.jpg

Latest purchase, needs a motor! Transfers are original Tri-ang ones, but Jinty is a MK2 so something of a rarity. There is some movement in the early plastic causing transfer distortion but otherwise ok. Not bad for £2 as a non runner.

/media/tinymce_upload/164257046e519d8fb403a8a7b9476ccd.jpg/media/tinymce_upload/763fb9415b0828ca31e0d66e9b00fc2c.jpg

I do love the Triang Jinty, moreso than the later Hornby model. I used mine as a double header or static scenic item for a few months until a suitable motor became available

Thanks to my better half for this! The Class 90 is my favorite loco (in the whole wide world you can say) and Hornby would similarly be my favorite model train manufacturer.

I've criticized Hornby in the past for many a things, one being a lack of modern standard AC electric, but thankfully Hornby have a Class 87 on the way and blimey, I love this Class 90. I got it cheap and this year it's now where it belongs in the Hornby RailRoad range. The only thing I don't like about it is the pantograph.

I expected a cheap plastic "toy-like" thing, but it's much more than that. It's a beautiful little budget model. In future I hope to use the PH Designs kit and detail this model to be at par with my other Hornby models.

I'd give it a rating of 9/10. -1 for the chunky pantograph. The model can be slightly upgraded, but I doubt Hornby will ever do that...it's not a steamie!

/media/tinymce_upload/8d5e970abed6fc14856cb5dc39c79d96.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/b9d95874af5d1efda9da63e3cd75f10b.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/39a04ec08122d2744f0c370dba73acd9.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/1b678849d308be4862abbcb1ba5e7a34.JPG

Hornby R3457 SR 4-4-0 Class T9...........very pleased to get one at last at a very good price..........very well detailed model..........pick-ups on each wheel inc front bogie.........8 pin socket in tender, room for suger cube........well detailed cab interior........... 😆...........HB

/media/tinymce_upload/3ba3e740e5fecedc1f67334c1f2ba366.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/86ba5b4f00f890fcf65858be809a4ed4.png

I bought this for £10.50. Mint Unused

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/800AAOSwDKtY1tfx/s-l1600.jpg

In 1999 I got my first train set...One of the Hornby Industrial Freightmaster ones. I still have it to this day, it contained the same loco (albeit in a different livery) and three wagons.

Absolutely love it, will never get rid of it.

In 1999 I got my first train set...One of the Hornby Industrial Freightmaster ones. I still have it to this day, it contained the same loco (albeit in a different livery) and three wagons.

This seems to be a new loco with the new type can motor. Can't get used to there being no noise when running it! All my other locos are oldies and noisies!

On the way to assembling a rake of LMS coaches I got this one for £4.20. It was sold on EBay as lacking hooks. So I easily swapped bogies from the end of a couple of guard's coaches and now have a nice coach at a price I like - bargain basement. 😉/media/tinymce_upload/8c40019f5463baf5438309c9d2d0bcdc.jpg

Arrived today, R3285TTS LNER class A4, 'Gadwall', purchased new from Rails of Sheffield.  Very smooth runner so far, sound is good (to my dodgy ears).  Will possibly add enhanced lettering and numbers if I can get up the courage to try it!  I know other members of the forum have done it successfully, so will consider it.

Rod

This seems to be a new loco with the new type can motor. Can't get used to there being no noise when running it! All my other locos are oldies and noisies!

You don't get the smell of the old motors either!  :-(

Although not a model, I've just bought the Observer's Guide to British Steam Locomotives second hand for £15, but it was worth it. A brilliant book, ideal for quick referencing. It includes information on every type of steam loco at the formation of British Railways in 1948 and lists quantities of each class and wheel arrangement. It was published in 1955 so doesn't include withdrawral dates. Also got the more modern Railway Pocket Bible, which has "Everything you want to know about railways". Both are cracking reads and highly recomended if you haven't already got one.

Hornby Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends R9007/1 Thomas the Tank Engine (0-4-0 Locomotive).

0-4-0 Thomas arrived today, but sadly, it got damged in the post. To much damage has been obtained, so I will have to resell him on eBay. I am very disapointed that this has happened. 😢