Average Age

2e0dtoeric

high, just in case anyone is as confused as i was, my comments, were  not on this post, but on Escalating prices, and general Rant... That being said,  at the age of 10, i also was capable of saving to buy a wagon.  The point i made was on todays prices.   john

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's say I'm under 20. My only passions in life are railways and general nerdy stuff (i.e. Star Wars, Doctor Who etc.). I grew up watching and reading Thomas the Tank Engine so I guess that's one of the reasons why I love railways. I do not have any game console and I'm not on any social media unlike all my friends. I save up the money I earn from mowing neighbour's lawns and at the end of the year, or when I have enough, I buy an engine or something. Caerphilly Castle was my first purchase in this form and I suppose that's why I'm so fond of it. Unfortunatly, I'm runing out of space on my layout so I'm postponing buying rolling stock until I get my own house... ah, the dream... I'll only buy new rolling stock if there's something I'm desperate for.

Recently a friend turned up with two Dublo tin plate coaches in BR blood and custard. He had seen them on top of a skip in his road and thought that I might like them. The house was being cleared by children of the previous (late) owner. They told him that a lot more had been put in the skip earlier - it was now crushed at the bottom and unaccessible. My children have shown no interest in my railway and my oldest grandson doesn't bother with trains now he is 12! I suspect that in due course his 7 year old brother will also abandon his visits to my railway shed. I have insisted that my layout should be given away if they can't be bothered to use it or sell it. I do fear for the long term future of this hobby. Oh yes - 67 years old, by the way. Sorry to post a rather depressing item. The good news is that I have two rescued Dublo coaches! 

I am currently 20. I am 21 on the 19th of June, this year.*

* Small Print: This post was posted by jokingly revealing my age, in the Hornby Red Tidmouth Milk Tanker 2 thread, in the Thomas the Tank Engine discussion! RDS (One of the Community Modrators) told me about this thread and pointed me here to post something, so I have! I hope RDS has found this reply, of mine!