Wishlists - 2020

Kenneth ONeill

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ratch commented 13pdr????

The  King's troop, royal horse artillery is primarily a ceremonial unit use vintage 13pdr guns  for firing salutes. It is the basis of the Airfix WW1 British RHA set. The weakness of the set was the 13pdr gun itself (the gun crew great!). If you want the later 18pdr you have to go to the Emhar set!

I was  thinking that it was time to upgrade this set to 1/35 - 2 sets either in the early WW1 uniform or the modern ceremonial uniforms. 

I assume  the Airfix model represents  a gun of L battery RHA  at Nery which kept up a steady fire for 2 1/2  hours, against a full battery of German artillery.3 men of L Battery were awarded the VC for their part in the battle' - certainly worth remembering and it is preserved at the IWM.

There would be sales for years ?  from an F35 B in 1/48 please. Not sure if the MOD would allow one to be 'scanned' yet??and as previously mentioned by another reader an HMS Q. E. / P.o.W. =  sales for 50 years ! Long time to recoup the investment! 

I wonder if the TSR 2 toolings were destroyed by the 'know nothings' that owned Hornby not so long ago ? And nearly reduced Simon Kohler to tears ; not to mention myself as well. Love to see both scales reissued. Have you seen the prices on fleabay? 

There may be a new tooling of a Vulcan ? 

Not sure why Simon has not agreed to an N Gauge Class 800 and beat Kato to it ? Sorry I know that's in the wrong forum.

And the Bluebird

Works for me, but it's probably too niche. You can get resin kits, but they're pretty expensive. A 1/24 or 1/20 (motor sport scale) injection moulded kit would be very nice. One of these days I'm going to treat myself to one of the Touchwood Bluebird K7 kits.

As a mainly post war British 1/48 aircraft builder, here's my twopennith;

Scout/Wasp (although I've heard another company is doing a Wasp)                                                                         Belvedere                                                                                                                                                                         Whirlwind Helo                                                                                                                                                              AW Wildcat                                                                                                                                                                Merlin (Navy Ver.)                                                                                                                                                          Gazelle                                         Anson                                                                                                                                                                            Scimitar                                                                                                                                                                         Gannet                                                                                                                                                                          Lincoln (pie in the sky grant you)                                                                                                                                    Lancaster(ditto)                                                                                                                                                            Swift                                                                                                                                                                             Super King Air                                                                                                                                                              HS 125                                                                                                                                                                        New Bucc (maybe not this year, but must be a cert soonish)                                                                                  Chipmunk                                                                                                                                                                  Devon/Heron                                                                                                                                                                New Hawk                                                                                                                                                                    Meteor NF                                                                                                                                                               Halifax                                                                                                                                                                        Jetstream

In 1/72, for the bigger stuff;

Lincoln (still won't hold my breath, but a better chance than a 1/48!)                                                                          Posidon                                                                                                                                                                      Voyager                                                                                                                                                                    Tristar                                                                                                                                                                          VC10                                                                                                                                                                           Vulcan (Obviously)                                                                                                                                                Belfast                                                                                                                                                                      Beverley                                                                                                                                                                     Argosy                                                                                                                                                                          Britannia                                                                                                                                                                       BA 146                                                                                                                                                                      Sentinal                                                                                                                                                                      Hastings                                                                                                                                                                    Andover                                                                                                                                                                Comet                                                                                                                                                                      

Well, thats all. I know the chances of a lot of these are about the same odds as finding Unicorn manure, but I can dream!

I think some of the classic helicopter types are long overdue a new tool. A new tool Scout/Wasp would be exceptional, especially given outside of converting the old Airfix Scout, there are no 1/72 Wasp options.

2020/21 Wishlist for me:

1/72:

• Gazelle AH Mk1 (+ hopefully some French/Export armed options too)
  • Scout AH Mk 1
  • Wasp HAS Mk 1
  • Lynx AH Mk 1
  • G-LYNX (Lynx AH Mk 1 rebox with the extra parts for the record breaker)
  • Whirlwind HAS Mk 7
  • Phantom F.3 (F-4J)
  • Harvard Mk II
  • Sea Hawk F.1

1/48:

• Lysander Mk III
  • Hunter T.7 (New fusalage / cockpit sprue)
  • Yak-3

Airfix can't listen to everyone and produce everyone's wishlist. Someone has to decide which kit would enhance the brand and be the most profitable. Yes at times we could all question that decision and say X, Y or Z aircraft would be better? But I think on this occasion the Vulcan will please far more people than not, so yes the right decision.

But yes I agree, at some time in the near future I would like to see a new tool Beaufort in 1:72nd scale..........

Airfix can't listen to everyone and produce everyone's wishlist. Someone has to decide which kit would enhance the brand and be the most profitable. Yes at times we could all question that decision and say X, Y or Z aircraft would be better? But I think on this occasion the Vulcan will please far more people than not, so yes the right decision.

But yes I agree, at some time in the near future I would like to see a new tool Beaufort in 1:72nd scale..........

the difference to me is that atleast people had a 1/72 vulcan where as there has never been a injection moulded 1/48 bristol beaufort, i think it would sell just as well as a vulcan which they have released before

Hi folks,

This is my first post so go easy on me!

Bought my first Airfix kit in Woolies in 1960, been hooked ever since.

I love naval aviation and a large proportion on the models I build are carrierborne.  But I have a gaping hole in my collection - Supermarine Scimitar

Please Airfix can we have a 1/72 Scimitar, please....

Ok.  Growing older makes one more realistic, so in place of inventing new items I would be happy enough to see some reissues:

Vehicles 1/76:

- Leopard 1  

-  Sheridan

- JS 3

- Crusader

- And of course the SAM 2 guideline missile.

Aircraft 1/72:

- Cessna bird dog

- Ca 13 Boomerang

- North Ameriucan Bronco  0v- 10

- Fiat  G50

- Fiat  G-91

-  Me 163 Komet

- P-47 D  (Razorback)

- P - 51B Mustang

- Westland Whirlwind

- Douglas A1J Skyrider

- Douglas Dauntless

- Lockheed p-38 Lightning

- Grumman TBM 3  Avenger

Ships 1/600:

- HMS Daring

- HMS Fearless

- HMS Manxman

- HMS Suffolk

- HMS Tiger

- Narvik class destroyer

- Scharnhorst

- The Rommel

- Moskva

And of corse the liners: Queen Mary 2, RMS Mauretania, RMS QUeen Elizabeth , RMS Queen Elizabeth II, SS France, SS Canberra,  SS Norway

Airfix have done a great job delivering the post war British jets like the Javelin that were on my list for years. So I'm always keen to see where I'll be in luck next.

Would love to see:

1:48 Beaufort

1:48 Anson

1:48 Hart

1:48 Bulldog

1:48 Hampden

1:48 Jaguar GR1

1:48 Harrier GR1

Would also be great to see a bomber release of the 1:48 blenheim or even a Mk IV.

bring back the Fairie Rotodyne! I really want one but they are going for a hundred quid on ebay now.

also would like to see a Pinzgauer

I'll second that. The Rotodyne was one kit that I never made back in the day so it would be good to see it re-released. The aircraft itself was ahead of its time, but back in the seventies I heard from someone who had worked on the aircraft's design that the project had been scuppered largely because of impractical demands from potential customers.

The Pinzgauer would make a great kit, especially with a re-release of the 105mm Light Gun.