Wishlists - 2020

Kenneth ONeill

I have only just found this thread but don't think even in December 2019 it was too soon to start the Wishlist thread. In reality the product planners will already have started on the projected new tool releases for 2020, possibly as much as 18 months ago?

Anyway onto the wish list, lots of good shouts in the previous posts but my personal favourites would all be in 1:72nd scale ..........

Avro Anson 

Fairey Battle

Handley Page Hampden and 

Bristol Beaufort

Of course I would happily accept an Avro Vulcan but I don't expect that yet as until recently the old tool was still in the product line up!!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love these guesstimations!

Expecting to see (all newtools in 1/72)

- Ju88A

- B24 Liberator

- HP Hampden

Hoping/Wishing to see (all newtools in 1/72)

- Downscaled 1/72 Walrus

- Hawker Tempest MkII and MkV

- Spitfire Mk's I, VC and IX (yes it's time to re-tool them to today's standards) 😉

Dreaming of a 1/350 HMS Queen Elizabeth/POW and an all new tooled 1/24 Spitfire Mk IX 😎

Would like to see 1/72 Wasp/Scout and Gazelle helicopters. New tool, please, the old ones just not worth a re-release. And fit them out so they could be Falklands War, ie. door guns, missiles,etc. A Puma would be nice (although still haven't built my original one) as well as a HC 4 Sea King from Falklands era....early rotor blades, removal of port side airflow strake, 'plain' nose, etc. And put the mesh grates on front of the main rotor housing. Even the 1968 kit had them! Re release of FRS 1 in 1/72.

And it would be nice for some decent crew figures especially for the helicopters. I'd buy them if sold separately, like with ground support or even carrier based support equipment. I hate empty aircraft, especially helicopters.

Time for an updated Airfix Douglas A-1 Skyraider in 1/48.

Just for the sake of my old and tired eyes.

And please, pretty please with a Flake and raspberry sauce, can we have a Korean War version rather than another Vietnam version?

How about 1946 USN (service entry) and a 1985 Gabonese Armed Forces (final retirement) rather than the done to death Vietnam era A-1H/J...and start with 1/72 

I'd love to see not only a new 1/72nd shorts sky van/ USAF C23 sherpa, which I saw for the first time at BAe Hatfield doing airfield calibration flight tests, also a new 1/72nd DH Mosquito,and finally a Bristol Beaufort to go with the new Blenheim and Beaufighter.

And please, pretty please with a Flake and raspberry sauce, can we have a Korean War version rather than another Vietnam version?

How about 1946 USN (service entry) and a 1985 Gabonese Armed Forces (final retirement) rather than the done to death Vietnam era A-1H/J...and start with 1/72 

I agree completely.  So let’s call it an updated AD Skyraider.

I agree completely.  So let’s call it an updated AD Skyraider.

I think we're all in agreement about wanting an early USN version?

I've not found any more detail on the Gabonese AF machines than that they existed, and have very petty national markings.

A proper 1/72 Me262B-1a & CS-92 Trainer as you can't make them from the current B-1a/u1 2 seater box. 

Pity Airfix got it wrong as the NF version looks very nice. Maybe next year?

Maybe also tweak the single seater with marked cutting lines and alternative noses for reconnaissance, big gun, and 6 cannon versions...although I'm thinking the glass nosed versions might be a cut too far and need a while sprue. 

Aichi D3A1 Val 1/72

Westland Lysander Mk III SCW 1/72

Hear hear !

I've been waiting for a new D3A since the Pearl Harbor anniversary that bought the Zero, Kate and P-40B...so only a few years overdue (we didn't even get the old mould).

How about a couple more Japanese types? Doesn't have to be rare or exotic just some of the more recognisable types such as the Ki-43, Ki-44, A6M5c, A6M2-N.

Alongside a new Lysander you can also add its German equivalent Hs126, both Airfix oldies that are long overdue retools. 

Aichi D3A1 Val 1/72

Hear hear !

I've been waiting for a new D3A since the Pearl Harbor anniversary that bought the Zero, Kate and P-40B...so only a few years overdue (we didn't even get the old mould).

How about a couple more Japanese types? Doesn't have to be rare or exotic just some of the more recognisable types such as the Ki-43, Ki-44, A6M5c, A6M2-N.

Alongside a new Lysander you can also add its German equivalent Hs126, both Airfix oldies that are long overdue retools. 

I would even take the old mould of the D3A if it were available somewhere.

But the Lysander really needs to be done properly. Including two figures: one pilot and a French Résitance agent boarding the plane by the stairs...that would be a hit. Hear hear Airfix!

2020 will be the 80th anniversary of the 'serious' war (as opposed to the 'Silly' war), so I would like to propose some appropriate releases:

- 1/72 Fairey Battle (correct new mold instead of a rebox of the inaccurate vintage one)

- 1/72 Blackburn Skua and/or Roc

- 1/72 Gloster Sea Gladiator I/II

- 1/72 Westland Lysander

- 1/72 Henschell Hs 126 (rebox)

- 1/72 'early' Messerschmitt Bf 109E (E-1 to E-3)

- 1/72 Curtiss H-75 Hawk

A modern Aichi D3A1 would be welcome, but 2021 seems a more appropriate date for that particular one (80 years since Pearl Harbor - with a P-36 Hawk derived from the above-mentioned 2020 H-75 kit...?  😉 )

Not wanting to skip out on some more 'modern' British Classics, I certainly would like to put forward the De Havilland DH.103 Hornet and De Havilland DH.112 Venom, and perhaps some scaled-down versions of the Gloster Meteor and Hawker Hunter toolings...

Here are a few that I think would be very popular . . .  I'd buy them !

Any variants of the 1/72 SBD Dauntless and 1/72 P-38 Lightning.  Even a re-pop of the old Dauntless would be nice.

Sure - there is tooling out there - but neither Hasegawa nor Academy seem to have produced any in years.

I would also like to see a full set of 1/72  bomber crew figures for the B-17's or the Lanc's that have come out in the last few years.  Kinda surprised no one has done that - even in aftermarket.

Chris

Here are a few that I think would be very popular . . .  I'd buy them !

Any variants of the 1/72 SBD Dauntless and 1/72 P-38 Lightning.  Even a re-pop of the old Dauntless would be nice.

Sure - there is tooling out there - but neither Hasegawa nor Academy seem to have produced any in years.

I would also like to see a full set of 1/72  bomber crew figures for the B-17's or the Lanc's that have come out in the last few years.  Kinda surprised no one has done that - even in aftermarket.

Chris

I think we’re all ready for a decent new P-38 model.

Aichi D3A1 Val 1/72

Hear hear !

I would even take the old mould of the D3A if it were available somewhere.

But the Lysander really needs to be done properly. Including two figures: one pilot and a French Résitance agent boarding the plane by the stairs...that would be a hit. Hear hear Airfix!

Indeed, and a Maquis Citroen 11CV with driver would really make it a diorama in a box!