Wishlists - 2020

Kenneth ONeill

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about increasing the 1/48 helicopter range. Other manufacturers are producing the Wessex (Italeri - very good, Revell -awful) but lets fill that SH gap with a 1/48 Puma HC1 / HC2 and a Belvedere - already got the drawings right (though the Belvedere needs updating to production standard).  There are static examples of both for research.

1:72 figures of the Waterloo period and not a relaunch of the old ones.

This is a great idea. I model Napoleonics to the old Airfix rules at a proportion of 33 to 1. It would be great to have sets in the correct proportions. For example:

A British Regimental Battalion consists of 2 Grenadiers, 20 centre troops and 2 light troops (total 24) double this up for a box set of 48. The centre troops should include an officer, an ensign carrying the colours and a drummer (at least). This subject could be issued in four sets - standing - fighting - marching & at rest.

A similar set up for French Regimental Line Battalions of 2 Grenadiers, 10 Fusiliers and 2 Voltigeurs (total 14) and triple this for a set of 42. Fusiliers to include the officer, ensign and drummer and again four sets of poses.

If produced well, with correct uniforms and equipment these would be a real asset to Napoleonic modellers and wargamers alike. Airfix's old sets are barely useable, new accurate sets would set a benchmark and make a statement. There are a few companies in this field (so there must be a market), but they do not fill this gaping hole, tending to cover individual units or unuque uniforms. Time to get back into this field Airfix.

1:72 figures of the Waterloo period and not a relaunch of the old ones.

1:35 scale WW2 military vehicles especially artillery and battlefield accessories.

Classic and modern vehicles.

Perhaps speciality models such as transport vehicles, famous people

check out the selection at hAT - they have a lot of napoleonic stuff, different nations, and types of troops on a huge scale

The Rotodyne is a fun kit, I got it for less than that on e-bay but it shows there's an interest.

The p[roblem is airfix isn'rt really making naything new just reworking old molds.

I've heard they lost the molds for the Sam-3 which makes htose really rare but it is a great model.

The other issue is their record keeping. I pre-ordered the astronuaghts . got a confim and then...nothing. and now they are gone.Which makes me more bitter when they say they are struggling for a market. someone takes the time to preorder and they blow it.

Maybe with that one they can say 'well we sold out anyway" but the point is what else did they bobble?

I'd also like to see the old AC-3 gun ship and the HMS Tiger and Daring set.

for pur fantasy I'd liek to see maybe  WW2 italian ships, or german light cruisers or maybe even WW1 german  and british ships.

As I once wrote in my wishlits 2019, and which has never come true, I have no choice but to repeat my requirements again in the hope that this time God will be with me and at least one 2020 wish will finally come true in just a few months:

1/72

H.P Hampden (neither the model from Valom nor its better modifications from AZmodels are satisfactory!)

Lockheed Hudson (neither the model from MPM or Italeri, which is the re-boxed thing, are not satisfactory!)

Avro Anson (Special Hobby or MPM are not so good to buy it and assemble it)

Westland Lysander

Supermarine Walrus

Douglas Boston /Havoc (the same case as Avro Anson) 

Fairey Battle

Douglas Devastator (AZmodel is not satisfying)

Henschell Hs 126

Yak 9D

Westland Whirlwind heavy fighter 

Fairey Firefly (as WWII as well as korean war version)

Dornier Do-217

Hawker Fury biplane

I am only doing 72nd scale. Here is my wish list of kits, of which I hope that some may come true one day:-Halberstadt CL II and CL IV:Very important german WW1 ground attack aircrafts. As the company Ardpol is now defunct, there are no kits of this types on the market anymore. No vacform, no resin, nothing. A kit, which would make many WW1 buffs happy.

-Bristol Beaufort:There has to be a kit of this Torpedo bomber! I am certain it would sell well.

-Rumpler C.IV: The best german high-altitude WW1 recon design. The Pegasus kit is very, very rare now. Small scale great war enthusiasts long for a model of this type!

-Armstrong Whitworth Albemarle:With more than 2000 build, this is an important WW2 type. Only the Valom kit so far.

-RAF F.E.2b:Very important RFC plane. Apart from old vacforms no kits, null, nothing! Would be very well welcome.

-Fairey Battle: More than 2000 built. The first WW2 light bomber of the RAF.

-AEG G.IV: Not as well known as the Gothas. Nonetheless an important type. Where is an injection kit of it?

-Westland Lysander. The Matchbox and Airfix kits are a bit long in the tooth now.

-Mitsubishi Ki-21 "Sally": The first modern japanese army bomber. There is only the ancient Revell tooling and an MPM offering which is so-so and hard to find. Would be great.

-Martin Baltimore and its Maryland progenitor

-Nieuport WW1 two-seater aircraft.

-Ilyushin Il-4: Another bomber-type which needs a new kit!

-Ford Trimotor: What about a re-release of this vintage kit or even a new mould?

-Fairey Firefly

-Do-217: Both bomber and nightfighter versions please!

-He-111 late: There is  your venerable He-111 H-20 kit. But what about a new mold late-type He-111 H? You already have the modern He-111 H-6 molds! The H-16, H-20 and H-23 variants are missing. You only need two or three new sprues for this.

-Fiat G.55 Centauro

-Caproni Ca.3 or Ca.4: Italeri promised this long ago-nothing happened. What an opportunity!

-DFW C.V: Another neglected two-seater-type.

Dear Airfix! In the past you gave us sweet kits of WW1 two-seater types like the Roland C.II, R.E.8, Hannover and not long ago the BE2c. Please revive that tradition. There are still a lot of possible subjects. What about a "dogfight double" with a new Sopwith Camel?

Purely to satisfy my own project at the moment (and all in 1/72):

Fairey Flycatcher

Supermarine Scimitar (with wingfold option)

Blackburn Buccaneer S.1 - I don't think the new S2 kit can be modified enough, esp. with the intakes. The original Airfix one is SO old!

And if you bring back the 1/48 TSR.2 I'd buy it...

My wishlist is for a metal wing hurricane in 1/72, A  hawker hunter in 1/72 scale.  I also want some UK armor in 1/35 scale .  How about a centurion in 1/35 new mould and designed by airfix, not by academy.  I also want to get more airfix kits at hobby lobby. It would really help boost sales in the USA.  

• 2 weeks later...

Whis my very best whishesfor the new year.

A list ?

1:48 Airplanes :

Hawker Fury I/II - Supermarine Spitfire Prototype 1936 ( With R. Mitchell figure) - EF-100 RAF Lightning

1:72 Airplanes : never forget this scale ! And Aces of all wars.

Supermarine S6 / S6-B - Westland Lysander ( with pilot and french resistance) - Handley-Page Halifax

1:24 scale Racing Cars:

Aston Martin DBR1 Le Mans 1959 - Jaguar D-Type Le Mans 1956 - Mirage-Ford GR8 Le Mans 1975

1:20 Formula One Cars ! why not! balancing overpriced cars from East :

Hesketh 308B 1975 - Eagle Weslake T1 G 1967 -  Vanwall VW5 - and Pilots: J. Hunt - S. Moss - D. Gurney

1:350 ships :

HMY Brittania - 

and something different: Reissue of Birds from Wildlife range ! whis more :

Blackbird - Chaffinch - 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...