Wishlist for 2022

Ratch

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All and all the best for a safe 2021.

I'll start with a Hawker Fury bi-plane fighter. then Airfix will have the full linerage of the Hawker propeller fighter linerage, would be nice to see, then a Sea Fury in 1/72 to fully complete the line. Then Airfix can start on the Hawker Jets in 1/72 scale.

Still holding out for the Ju 88 preferably the BMW engined versions. Many versions and liveries available for the 88. Also a new modern tooling of the 109 F and or G would be a sure fire money spinner as ther isn't a moden 1/72 tooling available anywahere, all we're stuck with is a myraid of 109 E's and the old Acamdemy, Airfix and Hobby Boss 109 G s.

I'm sure the new Mossie and Tempests will sell like the preverbal hot-cakes, as I'm sure the new Welly will do likewise' so hopefully a nightfighter Beu realistically  can't  be far off.

Still hoping for some new warships in the 600 scale but I'm not holding my breath, can't help feeling that the 350 scale has a better chance of something new. Also now Airfix has ventured into the 1/72 scale armour, hopefully they'll do the same as they did in the HO scale, and come up with a series of support or soft skinned armour. 

Remember we do this for fun                                       John the Pom. 

Wishlist for 2022

It seems a bit ungrateful posting my 2022 wishes when the ink isn't even dry on the 2021 Catalogue.... but here goes

1/72nd Hampden I

1/72nd Beaufighter II

both for my 1941 project

And now the long shots.....

1/72nd DHC-2 mk1 Beaver with wheels, wheel-skis and floats with Ontario Provincial Air Service (OPAS) and British Army markings

1/72nd DHC-3 mkI Otter with wheels, wheel-skis and floats with OPAS, WIDEROE and US Army markings

1/72nd Avro Canada CF-100 mk4 or mk5 with RCAF and Belgium Airforce markings as applicable

I won't wish for because of the even smaller interest group than the Beaver mk1 but it would be nice to have a 1/72 DHC-2 mk3 TurboBeaver. At nearly 60 years old, that is still a formidable float plane. 

Tim

New builds: 1/24 B.P. Defiant (I promise to order two, immediately!) 1/72 Avro Manchester; 1/72 Westland Whirlwind (WW2 fighter, not the helicopter).

‘Vintage Classics’ – AWACS E-3D Sentry, C-130 Hercules, B-29 Superfortress, Vickers VC10, Boeing 747, Short Skyvan, HMS Iron Duke, SR.N4 Hovercraft, Bloodhound missile.  That would be 2022’s trip down memory lane sorted!

My Wish would be for a Royal Navy in Trawler in 1:72 scale 

In fact it is for any 1:72  WW2 boat or ship however I think a Trawler makes most sense for Airfix 

1) There exists John Lambert plans for various classes 

2) There exist enough variation in say the Isles class and related sub classes and various classes including 2 serving in Federal German Navy and conversions to Danlayers etc . that airfix could refresh  the marketing of different ships 

3) It would appeal not only to modellers but would appeal to Hornby's customer base for use in fishing ports and military dockyards and as it is a trawler could be converted to a civilian guise

4) similar  to the ex Matchbox Flower class  corvette it could serve as an entry level model for RC modellers therefore increasing commercial viability 

5 )if moulded correctly packs for armament and fixtures and fittings could be sold separately to R/C market for their own models. 

6) a premium product could be created similar to the Floeer Class corvette with upgrades and then the lighting rig that revell did  

Anyway just my stray thoughts  although I do think with the Hornby connection Airfix are better placed than other companies . Also that there is untapped potential in R/c ship market for model companies  given number of Matchbox / Revell Corvettes get converted 

OK, here goes - 

1/72 - New (or new tool) Gloster E28/29, DH Comet Racer, HP Hampden, Halifax, Fairey Battle, Fulmar, Firefly, Avro Anson, Manchester, Grumman Avenger, Westland Whirlwind (helicopter, not the fighter plane!), Wessex, Scout & Wasp, Scottish Aviation Bulldog, EE/BAC Canberra, Jaguar, Tornado GR4.

6-pdr A/tk gun & Bren carrier, 17-pdr A/tk gun & Quad tractor, 25-pdr field gun & Quad, 5.5" gun & AEC Matador, Valentine bridge-layer

1/48 -  Seafire FR 46/47 (re-issue would be quite acceptable), Hawker Hurricane II, Gloster E28/29, Blackburn Skua, Avro 504K I'm sure I'll think of one or two more! 

I believe it pointless to cover models that are already admirably covered by recent mouldings by rival companies or easily converted from existing after market parts.. Airfix are simply not the only gig in town. With this in mind..

1/350 HMS Queen Elizabeth (carrier).

1/350 HMS Ark Royal or Eagle (Audacious class, final fit)

1/350 HMS Victorious ( Carrier, final fit)

1/24 Sea Fury.

1/72 Vickers Varsity, Anson, Valetta, Beverley, Pembroke/Sea Prince, Newer Dove, Sea Balliol, Scimitar, Sea Vixen FAW1, HP42. Buccaneer S1, Lincoln, Hastings.

1/12 Bentley Blower (an excellent kit in its day), to be updated to Italeri standards as in their recent Alfa Romeo 8c. ( Fabulous kit).

1/12 of any 1950s British F1 car.. any of them.. Vanwall, Lotus, BRM, Cooper, take your pick as nobody else does one pre 1960s or post 1920s .

Reissue  of SRN4 with an unwarped roof.

I am betting on..... not one of the above.

The American T14 in 1/76th scale would be nice to see as an edition to some kv1 and kv2 as there is currently only the T34 for the russians and the buffalo, DUKW, M3 half track, M4 sherman and variations (crab and calliope) for the americans and I would like to see some more variation than just M4s and T34s in my dioramas. I know I can add british and german tanks too but there are lots of these countrys vehicles in airfix currently

• 1 month later...
Would love to see the 1:72 Cessna O-2A reissued , either in the regular or vintage classics range.

I would definitely agree with this. The Cessna is one of the fairly decent kits from the seventies that is rarely re-issued. Don't know why because it seems popular on e-bay.

• 2 weeks later...

Some more in the 1/35 range would be good as it is a very popular market.

1/35 Mk VII Churchill

1/35 Comet or Challenger

A reissue of Monte's Humber Snipe

I've never seen actual plastic model kits BRM F1 racing cars, I honestly think these would be a very welcome addition to the modelling world.

Some historical figures would make interesting subjects.

Scimitar, Manchester, Sea Vixen FAW.1 and 2, Albacore, Venom and Belvedere in 1/72, 'Easy Build' RAF support vehicles in 1/72. I'd like to see a couple of commercial trucks with UK interest in 1/43 or 1/50, maybe 1 x classic and 1 x modern type. Some cars in 1/43 would be good too

Scimitar, Manchester, Sea Vixen FAW.1 and 2, Albacore, Venom and Belvedere in 1/72, 'Easy Build' RAF support vehicles in 1/72. I'd like to see a couple of commercial trucks with UK interest in 1/43 or 1/50, maybe 1 x classic and 1 x modern type. Some cars in 1/43 would be good too

Agree with all the aircraft you listed there, and support vehicles. What do you mean by 'Easy build'?
I would say you have next to no chance on the 1/43, 1/50 trucks and cars, but worth a try.

What would be really great is to re-release all the 1/72nd scale (previously HO/OO scale) figure sets such as Civilians, zoo sets 1& 2, Farm Stock, Foreign Legion (set2), Arabs, Robin Hood, Sheriff of Nottingham, High Chaparral, Romans and Ancient Britains. Also the WWII British Paratroopers, WWII British Commandos, WWII Russian infantry and the New WWII British Infantry sets need to be upgraded using the 1/32 scale figures for the basis of the new sets with additional figures added. Could also use the 1/32nd Scale British infantry Support Group figures in the British sets too.

Other new figure sets for 1/72nd scale could be for a new Period such as the English Civil War as this is a rare subject in plastic in this scale so could be a best seller.

Also sets of WWII heavy weapons like motors, anti aircraft guns, heavy machine guns, flame throwers etc for all nations would be great.

In the Waterloo period there is a meet for Prussian Line infantry, and Prussian cavalry such as Hussars, Dragoons, lancers and Landwehr. The French need Dragoons, Hussars, lancers, Chasseurs and Guard cavalry too. The British need Heavy Dragons, Life Guards, light Dragoons and heavy Dragoons. In fact there are a limitless number of sets to make.

Agree with all the aircraft you listed there, and support vehicles. What do you mean by 'Easy build'?
I would say you have next to no chance on the 1/43, 1/50 trucks and cars, but worth a try.

Thanks PMM. Sorry, re: 'easy-build', something like an RAF crew coach but with the body moulded in one-piece perhaps offered with open and closed door options and a little bit of construction required for the floor-pan, chassis etc., and something like a Bedford RL or MK cab that could be mated with various role options