ARC App Device Compatibility

Andy P.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some of the questions I have about the "ARC App" are identified in this thread. However having just watched a Youtube video of the App it seems to me the App is for Air only and nothing yet for the Pro. I just don't see it working "as is" for the Pro since the information about 6 cars in a race will have to be shown in a very abreviated way to fit on the screen of a cell phone! 

Does anyone who uses the App know if there is a "ARC Pro" aspect to it or will it be an entirely new App.?

Same app. Blagard (welcome back!). There are multiple videos on the official Scalextric Youtube channel that show that it is the same app. Basically, Pro features are disabled until you connect to the ARC PRO powerbase and it "unlocks" the freatures.

To be fair though, I have only seen it used with 3-4 cars and I am thinking 6 cars might get hard to read on the mobile device but we will see.

I have heard rumors of ARC PRO arriving around the world so maybe someone who actually uses it can post.

• 3 weeks later...

Will the Kindle Fire be compatible? 

If you read through one user did have it working with Kindle Fire but later had problems with an ARC App update. Interesting that the paper specification is OK although you should check and confirm that the Android Operating System is at least kit kat 4.4  The version of Bluetooth required is 4 which current models of the Kindle Fire have. Older models of the Kindle Fire may have Bluetooth 3 which is not good enough

Also note that some users who had problems after an update seemed to resolve them by removing the ARC App and reinstallinng it fresh.

• 2 weeks later...

works on amazon fire 8, early 2017 6th gen, 32gb

currently 7th gen is available for $110 for 32

app from amazon found there at scalextric arc pro

took about minute to load and run

tested good with race

had to shut down then because resident artist wanted her tablet back

Just received my ARC Pro yesterday and am now on the hunt for a 10 inch tablet.

I see gorp has had luck with the Amazon Fire 8.

I'm considering the Fire HD 10 Tablet and I see that Amazon offers the app in their store.

Does anyone know how well this Tablet works with the app. Also, looking for recomendations for tablets that are known to work.

Thanks,

Schneller

I made an inquiry with Steven at Scalextric USA Technical support & received a follow-up call regarding the compatibility of the Scalextric App with the new Amazon Fire HD 10. They tested one and it works. I ordered an HD 10 the other day. Nice big 10 inch screen and $149 if you're willing to put up w/ screen saver ads, $164 without ads. 

• 3 weeks later...

I doubt any version of Fire will go back to earlier bluetooth versions but I do recall looking up the specs somewhere like this table https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_HD  So bluetooth is OK back to 3rd Generation but I am not so sure about the OS at that time. The hardware itself has an impact so even with the correct OS and bluetooth there is no guarantee it will work.  I would say there is an excellent chance of it working with Fire 7

I bought an ARC One set without knowing what that was. I don't have any bluetooth devices but now that I have this set I thought I might try it if I could get a bluetooth device cheap enough. I found Fire 7s at $50 at a couple of places but it sounds like the ARC app is kind of finicky so I held off buying it.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a Fire 8 and downloaded the app. It seems to work except that it doesn't register speed. All my cars worked with it except one, a Scalextric Mustang. It didn't count laps or record lap times. Also, practice mode seems to be like a race mode with a start, a pit stop and and end after a certain number of laps. Is that the way it's supposed to be?

1. Speed is only calculated when you select a standard layout first (in my experience any layout but you should try to find one as close to your layout as possible

2. All cars must have black guide blades in order to them to register with the system

Yes, practice and rae mode are essenitally the same.