ARC App Device Compatibility

Andy P.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

We have with success tested a minix X6 neo android Media player connected to a 32" tv

The minix have kitkat 4.4.2 and bluetooth 4.0 so no problems installing the app.

The tv is turned 90 dgr. as the app is best viewed in potrait mode.

A wireless mouse is used to control the app.

A great way to go big screen...

Picture is waiting to be modereted.

@ Klitgaard

Excellent design and use of the app for screen mirroring.

Edited my post since I found your earlier note about the hardware you used. I am trying to use an iPad and Apple TV with Airplay but can't get it to display in portrait mode with a vertically mounted TV (Vizio E40). If anyone has ideas please let me know, but I've exhausted the menu items on all devices and believe it's a limiation within IOS and the TV that can't be overcome.

As a follow up to my questions, I found a way to airplay the app to a TV in portrait mode using a software program call 'Reflector 3' which runs on Mac and PC. It's an airplay server program that allows you to airplay any content (or chromecast) to the Mac or PC.

I have an old macbook connected via HDMI to the TV and use the TV as a second screen. It took some tuning but now I have an iPad running the app and mirroring content on an older 40" TV to add to the racetrack ambiance. Thanks to all for the ideas and creativity.

Hi everyone !

I just had a awesome Chrimstmas present with a Scalextric Arc Air powerbase. But the dream turned wrong when the Arc Air couldn't have a stable connection with my Huawei P8 Lite 2017.

So I'll have to spend some money to buy a compatible device, so I think that I'll buy a tablet for a bigger screen. The problem is that I'm short with money, and I don't want to end up with an other uncompatible device. Can anyone tell me the price of his currently working smart device ?

Thanks everyone !

Greating from France cocoricco !

Can anyone tell me the price of his currently working smart device ?

Although it is not on the Scalextric list, I tried out the Amazon Fire7 (8GB) tablet with ARC Air and ARC Pro over the holidays. The tablet was used in its original format (without Google Play installed) and the ARC app installed from the Amazon Fire Apps & Games store. It has worked well and the 7-inch screen is a good size for displaying four cars in ARC Pro. Possibly the bigger 8-inch or 10-inch screens would be better for racing six cars?

The Fire7 (8GB) was purchased for £29.99 in the Amazon Black Friday / Cyber-Monday promotion. It currenty retails in the UK for £49.00 and EUR 69,99 in France.

The device I have been using very reliably for ARC Air and ARC One is an iPhone 4s. The screen is small, but okay for the two-car analogue racing. You can pick up used phones in good, working condition for as little as £20. It is possible to use HDMI or VGA adapters or Apple TV to project the display on a big screen for ARC Pro use.

Although it is not on the Scalextric list, I tried out the Amazon Fire7 (8GB) tablet with ARC Air and ARC Pro over the holidays. The tablet was used in its original format (without Google Play installed) and the ARC app installed from the Amazon Fire Apps & Games store. It has worked well and the 7-inch screen is a good size for displaying four cars in ARC Pro. Possibly the bigger 8-inch or 10-inch screens would be better for racing six cars?

The Amazon Fire 7 has a good price now so I think I'll choose this tablet, I'm running only two cars so the 7-inch screen is big enough. Thanks for your reply !

And if it can help others, I've tried with a Huawei P8 lite 2016 and it worked fine (and it didn't work with the P8 lite 2017...) I just can't understand how it's possible to sell a product costing almost 100€ with a that failed bluetooth feature.

The bluetooth linking system can be change with an uprgade ? It's much more simple to use the bluetooth screen, select the Arc Air in the bluetooth setting, press link and just link it this way ? Like any other bluetooth device on this planet ??

I'm really disappointed with this product..

Working for me on a HTC One M9 - Android 7.0

Working on 5th Generation Kindle fire

Doesn't work on my Acer Chromebook R13 Chrome OS v63 with play store beta - App installs and loads but seems to have an issue with connectivity

Doesn't work on my old Google Nexus 7 - Android 5.1.1 wont install from play store as not compatible

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 , the app seems to be working , I had to reinstall it once and the phone is small but for 2 players it's ok .am thinking about getting an amazon fire 10 .1 " HD , does any one know if it works with the app ? 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 , the app seems to be working , I had to reinstall it once and the phone is small but for 2 players it's ok .am thinking about getting an amazon fire 10 .1 " HD , does any one know if it works with the app ? 

Here on this topic , on Nov 14 , 2017 , it was reported arc app worked on amazon 10.

• 4 weeks later...

I can... On a standard out-of-the-box Fire tablet you can get the ARC app by opening Appstore and searching 'scalextric arc'. This is still the original version of the app - the latest release (Feb 2018) is not available on the Amazon Appstore yet. This worked fine for me on a 2017 Fire 7 tablet that I borrowed from a family member.

An alternative is to install Google Play on your Fire tablet. This turns your tablet into a proper android device with access to all the apps in Google Play, including the latest ARC app. I have done this in the past, but not to run ARC. I understand from this thread that some folks used the old app via Google Play, but there's nothing about the new app being used in this way.

I hope that helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody, after some hours of hard work and updating the android system of my Acer Iconia 10 A3-A40 I got it work. I think that the main problem was the settings of the smart lock of my tablet. At the very beginning I got the tablet connected but then it went out of battery. After that I could not connected it anymore. I tried to change the smart lock settings but it was impossible since the ARC unit was recognised (green ligth) only for a few seconds. Luckily, there was a pending update of the android system, I did it and voila, Smart lock was showing the device again, I change to trustable device and ping, the light of the powerbase changed to green. I hope now will work fine...tomorrow I will show it to my kids.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my Platinum Digital GT set.  Returning to the hobby after many years.  Have read much of these blogs and many have helped.

I first bought a tablet from overseas but it failed to connect.  It was an unbranded Tablet but it had Android 4.4 and Bluetooth.  

I now have a galaxy tab E lite   1.3gh quad  android 4.4 and Bluetooth 4.0.  It works but for one thing.  After a race ends and I want to see or post the stats, when I choose more options it looses Buetooth connection at that point. 

Samsung Galaxy Tab S3

• In any race mode the bottom driver info is cut off:

/media/tinymce_upload/f968955f16ea73fd6ed60701900fd76b.png

• When I 'Add a Driver' all is OK (I can change the Driver Name, add a picture etc) but then I cannot use it in any race mode [eg turning Driver 2 toggle off and turning on New Driver toggle. When I return to Race Mode only Driver One is selected. The New Driver toggle has turned itself off.

• 2 months later...

I just tried this on an Iphone X and I was very disappointed via the screen wastage. However, I think this might be due to the hi res of the iphone. Everything was way too small, hard to see, yet other videos show the info boxes filling up most of the screen. Installation went perfect.