My collection so far.

SD45elect2000

Randall, I admire your ‘factory output’ and understand about the painting efficiency. For me, I have found the new [to me anyway] Airfix [and others] dropper bottles have improved my consumption efficiency as they are easier to mix and I paint with the drops on the brush so there’s little or no wastage.

Hi Dominic,

I just started using the dropper bottles too. Almost everything I do is with an airbrush so I still sometimes end up with a mixed color that either has to be tossed or used up. Like you I have found that the dropper bottles are less wasteful when I'm brush painting. I have seen your modeling and you are no hack, please keep the suggestions coming.

A lot of my latest efforts have been experimental, trying to master the dropper bottles for airbrush, paint fading and tones, chipping, metal finishes and whatnot. The last P-47 I did have about 4 colors from a set for olive drab modulation. I want to master some of these techniques on smaller less expensive models before a ruin an expensive model.

I'm learning all sorts of new techniques and the pictures are evidence.

Regards,

Randall

Hi Rod, Group,

It's a Seversky BT-8 trainer.

As far as cutting resin I never use power tools, too much can go wrong too quickly. Ever since I dropped a running Dremel tool into my lap while wearing boxer shorts, I stay away from them for handheld work.

The resin dust is bad enough with hand saws as well.

forum_image_6342c70222113.png.a7dbd770094a364e1a3980e5ff6c46a9.png

Here's the Northrop A-17. I have a bunch of them, they were almost giving them away a few years ago. Not an easy kit to build but it's nice looking. I also have the A-17A with retractable landing gear.

Seems my cat ruined several kit boxes of training planes, not really a binge build, but I should have some neat planes in the end.

Randall

Randall, looks good, well done.

I’ve fancied making an aircraft from the USAAF/USN from the 30’s as an alternative to our RAF/FAA aircraft of that period. Can’t quite understand the camouflage benefits of yellow on an operational aircraft, hence the desire to build one just to see what it looked like.

Randall, looks good, well done.

I’ve fancied making an aircraft from the USAAF/USN from the 30’s as an alternative to our RAF/FAA aircraft of that period. Can’t quite understand the camouflage benefits of yellow on an operational aircraft, hence the desire to build one just to see what it looked like.

Thanks Dominic,

The yellow wings and bright colors were meant to enable a down aircraft to be spotted from the air. Obviously, it had no camouflage ability.

The RAF aircraft of that era were interesting as well. I have several on the heap to build. They are in a spot that cannot be accessed by a cat...

Randall

Thanks Tim,

I'm actually still learning how to make the nice metal finishes. I'm using Alclad black, grey and white gloss primers and a variety of Alclad metals. The model has to be very neat when you use these, and I haven't gotten good at sanding and filling yet.

I'm currently working on a nice one, I hope it turns out. Stand by..

Randall