Hollybush Railway - TT120 layout photos

Dave the Busker

An update on this week. I've built a few more card kits from the wordsworthmodelrailway.co.uk site, boiler chimney, a couple more houses and a church. Nothing in the photos is fixed down yet, which is why the roads look like the council needs to give them some attention! I'm not gluing anything until I'm certain the track is in the right place.

forum_image_6409e1f92cc5a.thumb.png.080c2e3f21cc755d204167e253d3779d.png

forum_image_6409e202c5fed.thumb.png.9eeac50d675e632140f4bdbe4242f0b5.png

forum_image_6409e20c146b3.thumb.png.c2edbac9bfbf0f89a5d809add844e4dd.png

forum_image_6409e2149fbfb.thumb.png.7bf28af23711d722d48a2510f63f0505.png

Cheers! I've been kinda torn on using sound or not. It does make it more atmospheric, but I don't want to give the impression that this is what you'll get with a sound fitted train given that it's all post-production sound effects I'm using. I might well upgrade to DCC and sound once I've seen what this new system and app looks like in person.

@Dave

If you plan to keep these paper structures permanently, protect them by applying transparent varnish from both sides, in and out. Moisture, even that from air, has a tendency to make them warp over time if you don't coat them.

I like the atmospheric feel to the sounds. As a teenager, one of my favourite train watching places was alongside the ECML south of Thirsk where the original Thirsk Junction used to be, between the Deltics and 125s at full speed was the sound of Yellow Hammers and nature just doing its thing. I might see about a background sound track for High Fell and let the locos make their sounds too 😁

Doing fine work like this is known to have quite a few health benefits, improving memory, cognitive function, dexterity, hand /eye coordination etc. in just a few months I know I am much better with fine details than back at the start 😁 Think I might need some special glasses though!

Ditto, it’s so great when you realise that you are calmer, I had a moment about a month ago when it washed over me like a warm breeze, I was doing some modelling bits and everything was great. This and getting out on bicycles are my go to therapy 😁