Hollybush Railway - TT120 layout photos

Dave the Busker

Yeah they really are! Since all the buildings are free download card kits I've made at just the cost of paper and ink, I've allowed myself a little bit of spending on the vehicles and some Noch figures. I've got some passenger that should be arriving soon. That'll have to be it for the moment though until I've paid down the credit card on all of this layout so far! You're right though, really does give some life to the scene.

Weekend engineering works strike again! Developing rather well Dave. I also owe you a thanks for mentioning a product I wasn’t aware of previously, Tacky Wax! It’s proved ideal for attaching the tiny lamps I got from WHWW, I don’t mind gluing most things down but lamps could need to be moved to make different head codes (when I’m feeling very🤓)

• 2 weeks later...

No money for new additions right now, and trying to save up for when the 08 finally appears, so I'm looking around the house for little details I can add in on a zero budget. Cut up toothpicks and matchsticks make for a decent pile of timber in the factory yard, and coiled up wire can just about pass for some bundles of cable.

forum_image_64356a674ed27.thumb.png.90072c57dbc5559fb802f962d9f51dd3.png

@Dave - ballasting is relaxing :)

Take your time, use a spoon to shovel ballast and a good quality soft makeup brush, start at points and work away from the tiebar (leaving it clear of ballast), and remember to tap the rails with the spoon before applying the ballast glue.