HM7000 decoders released?

Rallymatt

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been many reports on local marketplace sites of scammers who offer up such ‘unavailable’ goods, they take payment but never send out the goods as they never actually had any.

A case was recently reported on one of the FB sites I frequent about new Hornby train sets at bargain prices never turning up.

Very much a case of buyer beware.

The Amazon seller is Rarewaves.com is an award winning retailer and one of the largest online retailers of entertainment products in the world, operating from London and Rushden in the UK.

Plus what RM says, i've never had an issue with Amazon and refunds.. Ordered a few... Time will tell.

If the 8pin sound is sold out already I'm concerned this is going to hint at continued issues with a system thats so "in house"

.Whilst we had the same issues with TTS it didn't really matter; you could take another route for chip and sound..

But if Hornby can't even keep up supply for there own unique BT chips then I'm starting to have second thoughts. You have no alternative and effectively hit a brick wall. I'm sure we will get the answer more will be coming but we had that for TTS and it never materialised.

At the moment there is a world wide shortage of microprocessors which is why it is so difficult to obtain many of the more popular DCC decoders. So unless Hornby are making their own microprocessors, I imagine the release data is heavily dependent on obtaining suitable electronic parts.

@Ighten - Hornby have not stated anywhere that there are any restrictions on distribution of HM7000 decoders.

Just because their own website has currently met its allocation of pre-orders from the first batch (an equally possible speculation) - doesn’t offer any indications regarding other retailers’ allocations, or further batch production status.

It therefore seems a little bold to suggest that they will be incapable of satisfying demand - however it may take some time/patience to achieve.

SK did hint in a recent interview that global shortage of micro-processors is impacting on some of Hornby’s products. When you hear of very cost conscious car giants bidding 1000% more to obtain electrical hardware you know it’s serious!

When ever my sound decoder arrives and I’m confident but will it is priced lower than direct so that’s fine by me. It’s pretty normal when there are both direct and dealer sales channels for the direct sales to be made at RRP so as not to hobble dealer network and stock is allocated between both channels. Highly likely Hornby have sold out on their initial direct sales allocation but the stock allocated to dealers/retailers is ring fenced so you will still be able to pick up decoders in the network and maybe bag a bargain. This is a truly game changing development in DCC and I would be surprised if any DCC operator hasn’t ordered at least 1 if only to see how it goes, especially as the controller app is FREE 😳

I didn't think they were ready for release yet. Those shown on Amazon for delivery in a few days are now showing out of stock. There was also a rumour of "stuff" being stolen from Hornby.

I think, as has been said, it could be a game changer. The sound decoders come with a speaker, and as you will be able to download the sound you require - for free - it looks a very good deal.

I just got an email from Hornby saying the 15v power supply adapter has arrived and will be shipped to me.

On Sunday the 19th, the whole range had a winter 2022/2023 release date on it, by Monday the 20th it had all moved to a spring 2023 release date. So I think the initial batch has come in, and the next batch will come in spring time.

I had a bunch of other HM7000 stuff on pre-order, so it’ll be interesting to see what else ships in the next few days.