Hornby keeps logging me out

The latest Hornby web maintenance update has a terribly amusing feature.

It notices that I am browsing from the US and asks if I want to go to the US Store. "No thanks" I reply and then Hornby logs me out

Particularly annoying when trying to post, as I log in, type the post and hit "add post". Hornby asks "We notice you are from the US...". I get logged out and the typed post is lost.

Example: This is the second time I tried to add this post.

Bee

I'm UK based so not quite the same issue. But this morning after months of forum login stability, the forum started logging me out every time I changed pages or whilst trying to add a new post. After being logged out several times whilst adding a new post, I ticked the 'Remember Me' check box (a forum login feature I don't normally use) my login status has remained stable ever since (well so far at least).

My experience is very similar to Paul’s (I’ve only noticed it happen when replying to messages though). I am logged in, type a message & hit ‘post reply’ and get logged out. I log back in & message is remembered, I hit ‘post reply’ a second time & message posts.

Referring to my original fix in my first reply above. I have switched off the 'Remember Me' function this morning, and so far my connection status has remained stable whilst posting several replies. This would seem to imply that Hornby website tech have implemented a fix to their website update issue.

I suspect it's not related to your 'Remember Me' settings. I've never had that set and I kept getting logged out until the last day or two. It now seems OK. So I think, as you say, whatever it was causing the issue has now been fixed.

Brew Man, if you read my original reply my previous post refers to. You will see that when the log in stability issue was an active issue, I found enabling "Remember Me" provided me with a 'workaround fix'. I wasn't saying that the "Remember Me" settings was the cause of the issue, just that using that feature reinstated some log in stability whilst awaiting a more permanent fix by website tech.

I found that upon return to the forum I had been logged out several times today and on the odd occasion yesterday.

Edit - still having to re-login on Monday. Getting to be a pest as it dumps you back to your account each time.

• 2 weeks later...

Although I am kept logged in to the forum pages I have a separate tab to my profile, and thus the moderation area, but this keeps logging me out requiring a new login at each moderation tab visit and this invokes an associated trawl through the various links to get back to moderation tabs.

• 5 weeks later...